GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Some rain at last [1/1] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/197783-some-rain-last-%5B1-1%5D.html)

Mad Cow 22-05-2011 11:57 PM

Some rain at last [1/1]

1 Attachment(s)
Half an hour's drizzle, just enough to wet the flowers.
Now it's dried up and windier than ever.
[ Section: 1/1 File: zSibirica39.JPG UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version 5.02 S ]

sum -r/size 3005/348592 section (from "begin" to "end")
sum -r/size 45098/252987 entire input file

--
Sue ]:(:)

jim wilson 23-05-2011 07:47 AM

Some rain at last [1/1]

"Mad Cow" wrote in message
Half an hour's drizzle, just enough to wet the flowers.
Now it's dried up and windier than ever.
--
Sue ]:(:)

Thanks for posting one of your flower shots in this group. Are you allowed
to water your garden? My first trip to England in the 80's coincided with a
severe drought that saw car washing forbidden. I believe gardens and lawns
were also off limits, some certainly looked it. Three weeks in England and
Scotland saw thirty minutes of rain and that all at once. Not what I
expected. (I've said this before.)
I bought a macro lens last summer and I don't even have a garden but my
favourite area of the Rockies gets loaded with wildflowers right on the edge
of the highway so if MY weather cooperates ...
Showers and some rain forecast for the next few days, after all it IS a
holiday weekend. But NO snow, at least at my altitude.
jim

Bob Hobden[_3_] 23-05-2011 08:27 AM

Some rain at last [1/1]

"Mad Cow" wrote

Half an hour's drizzle, just enough to wet the flowers.
Now it's dried up and windier than ever.

So you are also suffering from lack of rain, same here, only a couple of
half hour showers since February and our arms get longer by the day watering
our allotment (rented veg patch) with cans, no hoses allowed.
All we keep seeing is other parts of the UK getting heavy rain, even had a
heavy shower half a mile away, but it constantly misses us.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Mad Cow 23-05-2011 12:27 PM

Some rain at last [1/1]

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
"Mad Cow" wrote

Half an hour's drizzle, just enough to wet the flowers.
Now it's dried up and windier than ever.

So you are also suffering from lack of rain, same here, only a couple of
half hour showers since February and our arms get longer by the day watering
our allotment (rented veg patch) with cans, no hoses allowed.
All we keep seeing is other parts of the UK getting heavy rain, even had a
heavy shower half a mile away, but it constantly misses us.

My lawn's all brown and crunchy. There's a blackbird taking it away by
the beakful: one beakful of long fibrous bits, one beakful of short
curly bits, one beakful of moss, repeat.
I'm allowed to water it, with a hose even, but only one house in the
street bothers. Their front lawn's bright green but I've seen bigger
carpets: he never has to move his sprinkler.
--
Sue ]:(:)

jim wilson 24-05-2011 04:13 AM

Some rain at last [1/1]

"Mad Cow" wrote in message
In article , Bob Hobden
writes
"Mad Cow" wrote

[...]

Up to 70mm of rain forecast through next Sunday. I knew I should have left
my motorcycle under cover instead of getting it ready to ride.
jim