Old 09-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered User

Default Blooming apple trees

My apple trees are doing so well this spring! Can't wait for the apples
Attached Thumbnails
Blooming apple trees-gratar-033.jpg
Old 16-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra22 View Post
My apple trees are doing so well this spring! Can't wait for the apples
Looking forward to bear the fruit of harvest
Old 16-06-2011, 08:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"sandra22" wrote ...

My apple trees are doing so well this spring! Can't wait for the apples

If you love the blossom and have room for another tree may I suggest the
Cooking apple "Arthur Turner", it's the only fruit tree that has even got a
RHS AGM for it's flowers, and the apples are superb baked.

For those elsewhere in the world, in the UK we grow apples specifically for
cooking, "Bramley Seedling" being the most well known. One problem is that
it is a triploid so needs two pollinators.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bramley_(apple)
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 21-06-2011, 06:01 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra22 View Post
My apple trees are doing so well this spring! Can't wait for the apples
nice post, Apples are tasty and nutritious fruit. I also like to cook and know more about it. A baked apple is a simple, delicious and time-old recipe that has been cooked for many centuries or as the New York Times once put it, "dates back as far as fire and apples".[1] This recipe is for the traditional version of a baked apple, which tends to always include raisins and spices, along with some form of traditional sweetener such as sugar or a syrup. You can bake your apple(s) in an oven or cook by microwave. Both methods are provided here.