GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what is this (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/198185-what.html)

blossomaani 12-06-2011 04:06 PM

what is this

2 Attachment(s)
hi,

I have a shrub my father planted when he was alive in our front garden many years ago, and i never saw it flower until recently, and I was delighted as i am extremely partial to flowering plants. It has now saved its self from my chop. I would like to know what it is so i can look after it better and help it to flower at its best.

also there is picture of my back hedge, does anyone know the name of this?

Thanks

Drobium 12-06-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossomaani (Post 926529)
hi,

I have a shrub my father planted when he was alive in our front garden many years ago, and i never saw it flower until recently, and I was delighted as i am extremely partial to flowering plants. It has now saved its self from my chop. I would like to know what it is so i can look after it better and help it to flower at its best.

also there is picture of my back hedge, does anyone know the name of this?

Thanks

the first picture is a 'mock orange blossom' Philadelphus coronarius.
The flowers are amazingly frangrant! So go and shove your nose into one when you get a minute :-D

The second plant is plain old Privet 'Ligustrum vulgare'

Garrapata[_2_] 14-06-2011 08:20 AM

what is this

also there is picture of my back hedge, does anyone know the name of
this?

You mentioned a plant in the front yard and a back hedge.
Only one picture showed up here, four petals, white flowers,
Philadelphus sp.
--
Monterey, California USA
USDA Zone 9