Old 30-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered User

Default Flower Poster

Hi folks,

I was wondering if any of you lot knew a nice location to have some posters printed?!? I am an amateur photograph and occasionally friends and relatives ask me to sell them a particular image as a poster. Since I do not want to charge them a lot for an A3 or A2 poster, I am seeking for a low cost printer.

Please help
Old 30-06-2011, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 30/06/2011 12:26 PM, thomasv wrote:
Hi folks,

I was wondering if any of you lot knew a nice location to have some
posters printed?!? I am an amateur photograph and occasionally friends
and relatives ask me to sell them a particular image as a poster. Since
I do not want to charge them a lot for an A3 or A2 poster, I am seeking
for a low cost printer.

Please help

A printer that can handle A3 or larger is not cheap, if by cheap you
mean something in the range of $100 or less, or one of those "free"
printers often included with a computer.

That being said, the Canon Pixma Professional series cost little for the
quality. Eg PIXMA iX6520 prints up to 13"x19" (33x48cm, slightly larger
than A3) and lists at $229 Can. dollars. Epson also makes good printers
in this price range. Warning: such consumer/small office quality
printers take a long time to print the largest formats.

If you want the ability to print A2 or larger, you will pay much, mcuh
more. Such large printers are not cheap, mostly because keeping such
large pieces of paper lined up relative to the print head requires very
high mechanical precision, and that costs a good deal more than mere
electronics. Eg, Canon's imagePROGRAF iPF610 prints up to 24" (60cm)
wide from roll or paper cassette, and is offered at $2200 to $3170 USD -
and these are Sale prices....

Good luck,
Wolf K.

[IMG] code is On

Far East group poster: was Hyacinth Experiment Mike Patterson Ponds 1 18-05-2004 05:06 AM
Transplanting Trees...New gardener...New poster kahunamo Gardening 3 03-06-2003 05:32 PM
Additional info from poster Me Roses 2 14-05-2003 12:20 AM
New poster (intro) Derek Turner United Kingdom 1 23-10-2002 08:36 PM