GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Gaillardia (pulchella) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/201580-gaillardia-pulchella.html)

3Putt in Coastal SC 15-11-2011 09:16 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

1 Attachment(s)

joevan[_3_] 15-11-2011 10:09 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:16:57 -0500, "3Putt in Coastal SC"
wrote:

Thanks for posting those. It is nice to see some native and wild
beauty.

3Putt in Coastal SC 15-11-2011 11:11 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

Thanks.

Maroochy[_3_] 16-11-2011 01:39 AM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

3Putt in Coastal SC wrote:

Splendid!

3Putt in Coastal SC 16-11-2011 04:17 AM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

Thanks Barbara.

"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote in message
3Putt in Coastal SC wrote:

Splendid!

Mad Cow 16-11-2011 10:24 AM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

In article , joevan
writes
wrote:

Thanks for posting those. It is nice to see some native and wild
beauty.

I've been posting the odd wild plant in alt.binaries.pictures.nature
since they don't really belong in a gardens group
--
Sue ]:(:)

3Putt in Coastal SC 16-11-2011 12:48 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

I'll take that as a "take your wildflower photos elsewhere" Even though you
have no idea what my
backyard consists of. Sorry, I ended that with a preposition.

"Mad Cow" wrote in message
In article , joevan
writes

joevan[_3_] 16-11-2011 01:50 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 10:24:25 +0000, Mad Cow
wrote:

In article , joevan
writes
wrote:

Thanks for posting those. It is nice to see some native and wild
beauty.

I've been posting the odd wild plant in alt.binaries.pictures.nature
since they don't really belong in a gardens group

Wow, you don't weeds in you garden. Did you buy your seeds from
monsanto? And I refuse to capitalize that discus ting word.

Mad Cow 16-11-2011 04:19 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

In article , 3Putt in
Coastal SC writes
I'll take that as a "take your wildflower photos elsewhere" Even though you
have no idea what my
backyard consists of. Sorry, I ended that with a preposition.

Depends if your wild flower's growing in a garden, innit?
If not, it's Nature and some far-sighted person provided a group for it,
though apparently not one for plants generally.
--
Sue ]:(:)

Mad Cow 16-11-2011 04:21 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

In article , joevan
writes

I've been posting the odd wild plant in alt.binaries.pictures.nature
since they don't really belong in a gardens group

Wow, you don't weeds in you garden. Did you buy your seeds from
monsanto? And I refuse to capitalize that discus ting word.

Yes, weeds and all sorts, but most of my plant pictures are from nature
reserves and roadsides not from gardens.
--
Sue ]:(:)

Maroochy[_3_] 17-11-2011 04:14 AM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

Mad Cow wrote:
In article , 3Putt
in Coastal SC writes
I'll take that as a "take your wildflower photos elsewhere" Even
though you have no idea what my
backyard consists of. Sorry, I ended that with a preposition.

Depends if your wild flower's growing in a garden, innit?
If not, it's Nature and some far-sighted person provided a group for
it, though apparently not one for plants generally.

Actually the name of this group is "gardens", though it's actually rare
these days to see a photo of an actual garden, just flowers. As weeds are
part of any garden, I would say they are every bit as much on topic as are
flowers.
Pat posts photos of birds, they're not flowers, but birds do come into
gardens, so, whilst I personally wouldn't post a photo of a bird (unless it
was on a flower) in this group, by drawing a long bow, they are on topic.

joevan[_3_] 17-11-2011 02:00 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:14:57 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

Mad Cow wrote:
In article , 3Putt
in Coastal SC writes
I'll take that as a "take your wildflower photos elsewhere" Even
though you have no idea what my
backyard consists of. Sorry, I ended that with a preposition.

Depends if your wild flower's growing in a garden, innit?
If not, it's Nature and some far-sighted person provided a group for
it, though apparently not one for plants generally.

Actually the name of this group is "gardens", though it's actually rare
these days to see a photo of an actual garden, just flowers. As weeds are
part of any garden, I would say they are every bit as much on topic as are
flowers.
Pat posts photos of birds, they're not flowers, but birds do come into
gardens, so, whilst I personally wouldn't post a photo of a bird (unless it
was on a flower) in this group, by drawing a long bow, they are on topic.

I don't think a garden is a garden without birds and even an
occasional human present. : o ) And there are certain to be a few
weeds at least that those wonderful little things bring around.

joevan[_3_] 17-11-2011 08:39 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:46:10 -0600, Sj wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 09:00:47 -0500, joevan
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:14:57 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

Mad Cow wrote:
In article , 3Putt
in Coastal SC writes
[...]

I'm w/ you ... saw a towhee for the 1st time in I don't know how long
the other day, 6 tufted titmice at the same time & a chickadee ...

Yes, I feed the birds :)

Also get squirrels, chippies, an occasional skunk in the evening,
an occasional feral cat & when I'm real lucky, deer :)

Sj

I know you enjoy those little things. I do too. A feed the kitty first
her fancy feasts and some dry kibbles and then the dog her first
course of chicken and rice. The birds get a bit of white rice and
birdseed, in separate places. Today there must have been 50 of the
little dears. I would hate to think there would not be birds around my
place.

Garrapata[_2_] 19-11-2011 04:06 PM

Gaillardia (pulchella)

I've been posting the odd wild plant in alt.binaries.pictures.nature
since they don't really belong in a gardens group

I remember when we discussed the formation of the group, all plants
including wild ones were considered on topic.
--
Monterey, California USA
USDA Zone 9