Old 24-11-2011, 01:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default New House, new garden-

Mad Cow wrote:
In article , Maroochy
writes
Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been
very busy with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy
feat as the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an
hour's drive away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so
it's been a slow process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the
next few years. :-)

[ A UUEncoded file (c-5387-9-yabba-20-11-11-40-40.jpg) was included
here. ]

Post more pictures now and then so we can watch it grow!

I probably will do just that. :-)

Old 24-11-2011, 04:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:54:53 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

joevan wrote:
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:19:29 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

A half hour in same places is 10 miles. Maybe the speed might be
included or a mileage distance.

It's about 40 km. (about 24 miles)

Perfect. I really like your new place and can't wait for the garden to
appear sometime in the not to distant future.
Old 25-11-2011, 05:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Post more pictures now and then so we can watch it grow!

I probably will do just that. :-)

It's been interesting so far. I really like the verandas. My dream house
would have an interior courtyard and veranda all round.

What ever happened to the Fox Bats? Are they permanent, seasonal or did
they move on?
--
Monterey, California USA
USDA Zone 9
Old 25-11-2011, 12:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Garrapata wrote:
Post more pictures now and then so we can watch it grow!

I probably will do just that. :-)

It's been interesting so far. I really like the verandas. My dream
house would have an interior courtyard and veranda all round.

Mine to, however my pockets don't match my dreams. :-)

What ever happened to the Fox Bats? Are they permanent, seasonal or
did they move on?

Well they arrived in November last year and up and left in May this year,
much to our relief. From talking to neighbours, this was the first time they
have camped in our area.
However in early October this year, they returned, much to our dismay. I
spent a lot of time running around making noises to scare them and on the
weekends, when I was staying up there, I was up at dawn and scaring them off
as they returned from their nightly feeding. 3 weeks after they arrived,
they went again, fingers crossed that they won't be back.
I sort of feel bad that I dislike them being on our land, I am quite into
animal conservation, but...
There is thousands of acres of forestry surrounding the area where we live,
so they're quite welcome to make their home there, rather than in my trees.
There is also the matter of Hendra virus and lyssavirus. As the neighbours
on either side of us have horses, the bats caused a lot of concern. There
has been a very bad outbreak of Hendra virus in South East Qld and quite a
few horses died, but the most worrying thing was that a dog also tested
positive to the virus and had to be put down.
Then there was the worrying problem of the bats flying over our roof every
nigh as they flew out to forage for food, as they flew over I've no doubt
they dropped waste onto our roof and as we are not on town water and rely on
tanks, which are filled from the rain on our roof, this was of great concern
to us.
So I am really and truly hoping that they do not come back again.