Old 21-11-2011, 02:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default New House, new garden-

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

Attached Thumbnails
New House, new garden--c-5387-9-yabba-20-11-11-40-40.jpg

Old 21-11-2011, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote:

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

It's beautiful!

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/
Old 21-11-2011, 02:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,
"Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE wrote:

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

begin 666 c-5387-9-yabba-20-11-11-40-40.jpg

Looks wonderful Barb, when does the group get the invite?
Old 21-11-2011, 11:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

3Putt in Coastal SC wrote:
Hope you have a guest quarters......

We have a room that has "reserved for Jerry and Pam" on the door. ;-)

Old 21-11-2011, 11:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's beautiful!

Thanks, it's been 12 months of angst and now lots of hard work to get
gardens going. :-)

Old 21-11-2011, 11:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default New House, new garden- - Windsong.jpg

Sj wrote:
This is the house we built on Topsail Island, NC, once
our kids were off to college ... took us 9 months to build,
in a tract of maritime oaks, 500' in from the ocean, 2nd
row, so felt relatively safe from hurricanes ... lived there
20 glorious years before we moved to get closer to
medical facilities ...

Am in contact w/ the people who bought & live there
now .. have seen pics of both the outside & inside &
am very happy to see the excellent care being given
to the house we built

Our garden consisted of a very large gardenia plant we
brought down from upstate NY (which flourished!) &
some flowers & veget/herbs such as marigolds, zinnias,
tomatoes, parsley, chives. basil, marjoram ...

I think I've seen this before.
Do I detect a certain amount of wistfulness that you left Topsail Island?
You seem to mention that you once lived there quite alot.

Old 21-11-2011, 11:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

cebo wrote:

Looks wonderful Barb, when does the group get the invite?

Thanks, there's an open invitation to all. :-)

Old 22-11-2011, 08:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Maroochy" wrote ...

Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very
busy with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the main
towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 22-11-2011, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

Old 23-11-2011, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's beautiful!

Thanks, it's been 12 months of angst and now lots of hard work to get
gardens going. :-)

Well worth it.

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

Old 23-11-2011, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:19:29 +1000, "Maroochy" bharris*REMOVE
wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

A half hour in same places is 10 miles. Maybe the speed might be
included or a mileage distance.
Old 23-11-2011, 10:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Maroochy
writes
Well part there of.
Preparing for our retirement next year, we've this past year, been very busy
with building a new house on 3 acres of land.
Now the house is finished we can get on with the gardens, no easy feat as
the area around the house is hard clay, plus the house is an hour's drive
away so we mostly only get up there on the weekends, so it's been a slow
process. I have a lot of hard work to do over the next few years. :-)

[ A UUEncoded file (c-5387-9-yabba-20-11-11-40-40.jpg) was included here. ]

Post more pictures now and then so we can watch it grow!
--
Sue ]
Old 24-11-2011, 12:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article ,

Suzie-Q wrote:
It's beautiful!

Thanks, it's been 12 months of angst and now lots of hard work to get
gardens going. :-)

Well worth it.

I hope it will, I just wish could be living there right now.

Old 24-11-2011, 12:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

wrote:

Bob Hobden wrote:
That house reminds me so much of trips to your Country outside the
main towns, it can only be in Oz. Thank you for sharing.

No worries, our house is a long way outside a main town. :-)
The closest reasonably large town is a good 1/2 hour's drive away.

A half hour in same places is 10 miles. Maybe the speed might be
included or a mileage distance.

It's about 40 km. (about 24 miles)