GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Giant Coleus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/202700-giant-coleus.html)

Pat Durkin 18-03-2012 09:16 PM

Giant Coleus

1 Attachment(s)

allenwang 19-03-2012 03:38 AM

It is so beautiful,can you tell me how to grow your plants?

allen73 19-03-2012 07:39 AM

Wow your plants looks so healthy and awesome. I would suggest you to pinch off the tips of the stems regularly to encourage branching and compact growth. Remove the blooms of Coleus as soon as they appear because they detract from the foliage display. The blooms are small lavender-blue flowers they are neither unattractive nor very showy; it hardly seems worth the trouble to cut them off.

Pat Durkin 19-03-2012 11:55 AM

Giant Coleus

"allenwang" wrote in message

It is so beautiful,can you tell me how to grow your plants?

I'm sorry Allan but I can't. My sister owns it and I photographed it when I
visited her a while back. The only thing I can tell you is that she lives
in Southern California and that means it's growing in a mild climate.
--
Pat

Garrapata[_2_] 19-03-2012 02:49 PM

Giant Coleus

It is so beautiful,can you tell me how to grow your plants?

They are easy house and outdoor container plants here.
In Nebraska and Missouri I saw them grown with Cannas as summer
annuals, hot, humid, sun and lots of water.

Lots of variety. Easy from cuttings and seed
--
Monterey, California USA
USDA Zone 9

joevan[_3_] 19-03-2012 04:06 PM

Giant Coleus

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 07:49:13 -0700, Garrapata
wrote:

It is so beautiful,can you tell me how to grow your plants?

They are easy house and outdoor container plants here.
In Nebraska and Missouri I saw them grown with Cannas as summer
annuals, hot, humid, sun and lots of water.

Lots of variety. Easy from cuttings and seed

My dear wife love those plants. I had many on the deck when she was
here. I love them too.