GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phoebe on the attack in my garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/203067-phoebe-attack-my-garden.html)

Pat Durkin 12-04-2012 11:00 PM

Phoebe on the attack in my garden

1 Attachment(s)
Black Phoebe's are used to snatching bugs out of the air so it's a snap for
them to grab a mealworm from a dish without even stopping. When they're
flying around my yard in the afternoons I can hear their beaks snapping shut
on happless insects who had no chance to escape. If I could ever figure out
a way to picture that I'd really have something.
--
Pat

joevan[_3_] 12-04-2012 11:22 PM

Phoebe on the attack in my garden

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 15:00:34 -0700, "Pat Durkin"
wrote:

Black Phoebe's are used to snatching bugs out of the air so it's a snap for
them to grab a mealworm from a dish without even stopping. When they're
flying around my yard in the afternoons I can hear their beaks snapping shut
on happless insects who had no chance to escape. If I could ever figure out
a way to picture that I'd really have something.

Great shot. Thanks for posting.

Pat Durkin 12-04-2012 11:48 PM

wrote:

Black Phoebe's are used to snatching bugs out of the air so it's a snap
for
them to grab a mealworm from a dish without even stopping. When they're
flying around my yard in the afternoons I can hear their beaks snapping
shut
on happless insects who had no chance to escape. If I could ever figure
out
a way to picture that I'd really have something.

Great shot. Thanks for posting.

You're welcome and thanks.
--
Pat