GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pinkster lily (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/203510-pinkster-lily.html)

Willi 12-05-2012 03:55 PM

pinkster lily

1 Attachment(s)
I keep it in a pot, because slugs and snails eat it up outdoors. Hence
it was very easy to capture it from beneath. ;) It has the first flower
within years.

G Willi

Maroochy[_4_] 13-05-2012 08:39 AM

pinkster lily

Willi wrote:
I keep it in a pot, because slugs and snails eat it up outdoors. Hence
it was very easy to capture it from beneath. ;) It has the first
flower within years.

G Willi

Very pretty, it's always nice when something finally flowers.

Mad Cow 16-05-2012 02:33 PM

pinkster lily

In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
I keep it in a pot, because slugs and snails eat it up outdoors. Hence
it was very easy to capture it from beneath. ;) It has the first flower
within years.

G Willi

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

A pheasant-eye daffodil. Slugs and snails won't normally touch them,
but the first tender shoots of anything new are always a target. If you
have other narcissus you could try planting these among them, or else
grow them on until you have enough bulbs for a fair-sized patch.

Enjoy the scent!
--
Sue ]:(:)

Willi 16-05-2012 04:48 PM

pinkster lily

Am 16.05.2012 15:33, schrieb Mad Cow:
In hway.telekom.at,
writes
I keep it in a pot, because slugs and snails eat it up outdoors. Hence
it was very easy to capture it from beneath. ;) It has the first flower
within years.

G Willi

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

A pheasant-eye daffodil. Slugs and snails won't normally touch them,
but the first tender shoots of anything new are always a target. If you
have other narcissus you could try planting these among them, or else
grow them on until you have enough bulbs for a fair-sized patch.

Enjoy the scent!

My slugs do (did)! I have other daffodils, but I try to keep those
separated each kind in its own spot. This is a single bulb I rescued
some years ago from being eaten. It didn't show any intention to flower
since then. I'm hoping the bulb will propagate now. I shall plant the
offsets outside, but always keeping a few of them in a pot as a secure
backup.
I indeed do enjoy the scent, especially with regard to the next buds
that will open these days, which are those of 3 Voodoo-Lilies. ;)

Mad Cow 17-05-2012 08:29 PM

pinkster lily

In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

I indeed do enjoy the scent, especially with regard to the next buds
that will open these days, which are those of 3 Voodoo-Lilies. ;)

Post pics
--
Sue ]:(:)