Old 09-09-2012, 12:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Grevillea Firecracker-6192 (Grevillea alpina x rosmarinifolia)

Attached Thumbnails
Grevillea Firecracker-6192 (Grevillea alpina x rosmarinifolia)-c-6192grevfirecracker-13-08-12-5d-400.jpg
Old 09-09-2012, 10:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Tree frog - Tree frog 1 adj M.jpg

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 15:03:05 -0400, Nothome
wrote:

I have not posted in quite some time. Though I have been watching the
pictures uploaded to the group for the most part.

It has rained all day here in the Tampa, Florida Bay area and the
Cuban tree frogs are out in the daylight. I think I disturbed this one
as I was removing dead leaves from a Spider Plant on the back porch. A
couple of the frogs stay on my back porch and this one most likely is
spending days in the Spider plant pot.

Some consider the Cuban tree frog an invasive species. They overpower
and eat our much smaller native tree frogs.

Tampa Bob

What a wonderful shot. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Nothome
writes

Some consider the Cuban tree frog an invasive species. They overpower
and eat our much smaller native tree frogs.

[ A UUEncoded file (Tree frog 1 adj M.jpg) was included here. ]

Please post native tree frogs
--
Sue ]
Old 09-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Registered User

Beautiful, well done
Old 09-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Registered User

Lovely photo, really nice colours and detail!

Slightly off topic, but i was just curious how people take these nice close-up photos of their plants? Do you need expensive equipment for that or would a normal pocket camera do the job? Im thinking of getting a camera so please recommend if you own a good and affordable one. I was thinking of getting this Nikon Coolpix, do you think it would be ok? Also, have you ever printed these out? Would be amazing as postcards or such. I have a few photos I wanted to get printed but my home printer is horribly bad, the quality does not do justice to the photos... So was looking into getting some printed professionally.. Any suggestions? I googled and found a few, like this print24 who print post cards and stuff but I have never tried before so not really sure what to expect. Or maybe I just need to upgrade my home printer...? Sorry for all the questions :P

And again sorry for the offtopic but if you could help I would really appreciate it Thanks!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Tree frog - Tree frog 1 adj M.jpg - Frog 4.jpg

On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 18:19:57 -0400, Nothome
wrote:

On Sun, 9 Sep 2012 22:25:35 +0100, Mad Cow
wrote:

Please post native tree frogs

Here is a picture taken on the same back porch around 9 ~ 10 years
ago. Before the Cuban tree frog moved into this area in any numbers.
Back then it was an oddity to see a Cuban tree frog around this house.

This frog lived the entire summer in the water reservoir under a
hanging basket of Hoya. I still have that Hoya, by the way. It was
repotted several years ago after one of our near misses with a hurricane
broke it loose from its hanging wires and smashed the pot. I know, I
should have taken the plant in the garage for the storm.

I do not know what type of tree frog this one is.

Tampa Bob

I would call him a "cute" type.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Nothome
writes

I do not know what type of tree frog this one is.

[ A UUEncoded file (Frog 4.jpg) was included here. ]

A very happy one, apparently!

Thanks
--
Sue ]