GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   12 months On-6542 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/205453-12-months-6542-a.html)

Maroochy[_4_] 14-10-2012 12:20 PM

12 months On-6542

2 Attachment(s)
I'm quite happy with the way my gardens are coming on, seeing this garden is
all clay, I thought I'd lose a lot of these plants, but they've all done
very well.
Two photos one taken the day I planted out on the 4th September 2011 and one
taken 13 days ago.

joevan[_3_] 14-10-2012 04:07 PM

12 months On-6542

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 21:20:42 +1000, "Maroochy"
wrote

I'm quite happy with the way my gardens are coming on, seeing this garden is
all clay, I thought I'd lose a lot of these plants, but they've all done
very well.
Two photos one taken the day I planted out on the 4th September 2011 and one
taken 13 days ago.

Wonderful. I guess you got the correct plants for your area. I always
look forward to your posts.

Suzie-Q[_3_] 15-10-2012 01:27 AM

12 months On-6542

In article ,
"Maroochy" wrote:

I'm quite happy with the way my gardens are coming on, seeing this garden is
all clay, I thought I'd lose a lot of these plants, but they've all done
very well.
Two photos one taken the day I planted out on the 4th September 2011 and one
taken 13 days ago.

I like it!

8^)~~~~~~ Sue (remove x to email)
~~~~~~~~~

http://suzie-q-wacvet.com/
http://intergnat.com/malebashing/

Mad Cow 15-10-2012 03:14 PM

12 months On-6542

In article , Maroochy
writes
I'm quite happy with the way my gardens are coming on, seeing this garden is
all clay, I thought I'd lose a lot of these plants, but they've all done
very well.
Two photos one taken the day I planted out on the 4th September 2011 and one
taken 13 days ago.

[ A UUEncoded file (c-6542-sidegarden--01-10-12-40-20.jpg) was included here. ]

[ A UUEncoded file (new garden.jpg) was included here. ]

That's nice to see: it still looks young but they're growing really
well. Keep up the good work!
--
Sue ]:(:)

Pat Durkin 15-10-2012 08:44 PM

12 months On-6542

"Maroochy" wrote in message

Your plants are all thriving it seems and everything looks great. I have a
lot of clay in my soil too and not everything I plant works out this well.

My house was used when I bought it and the previous owner had mostly roses
planted and they were thriving, but after a while we got tired of all roses
and decided to redo the gardens. I put in a variety of plants including
some that were hummingbird attracters and my results were unfortunately sort
of hit-or-miss. Over time we've finally got it coming around pretty well
but I've got a ways to go yet.

Meanwhile, congratulations on your garden! It really looks nice.
--
Pat

Maroochy[_4_] 16-10-2012 11:05 AM

12 months On-6542

joevan wrote:
Wonderful. I guess you got the correct plants for your area. I always
look forward to your posts.

Thanks, I mostly planted natives, so maximising my chances of success. :-)

Maroochy[_4_] 16-10-2012 11:38 AM

12 months On-6542

Mad Cow wrote:

That's nice to see: it still looks young but they're growing really
well. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, I intend to. :-)

Maroochy[_4_] 16-10-2012 11:38 AM

12 months On-6542

Suzie-Q wrote:
In article ,
"Maroochy" wrote:

I'm quite happy with the way my gardens are coming on, seeing this
garden is all clay, I thought I'd lose a lot of these plants, but
they've all done very well.
Two photos one taken the day I planted out on the 4th September 2011
and one taken 13 days ago.

I like it!

Thanks, so do we. :-)

Maroochy[_4_] 16-10-2012 12:00 PM

12 months On-6542

Pat Durkin wrote:
"Maroochy" wrote in message

Your plants are all thriving it seems and everything looks great. I
have a lot of clay in my soil too and not everything I plant works
out this well.
My house was used when I bought it and the previous owner had mostly
roses planted and they were thriving, but after a while we got tired
of all roses and decided to redo the gardens. I put in a variety of
plants including some that were hummingbird attracters and my results
were unfortunately sort of hit-or-miss. Over time we've finally got
it coming around pretty well but I've got a ways to go yet.

Meanwhile, congratulations on your garden! It really looks nice.

Thanks Pat.

We sort of have the same problem here. Whilst the house area was a blank
page for me to do my own gardening thing, parts of the rest of the property
have been "landscaped" by a previous owner, but subsequent owners have let
it get overgrown ( our block was originally a 5 acre block with a house
right at the front, then the chap we bought it from, subdivided it into two,
the house and 1.5 acres and the bit we bought, 3.5 acres). . I'm gradually
removing all the overgrowth and replanting to my taste. It will take me a
long time, but I am enjoying doing it. Unfortunately there's dozens of huge
corydlines dotted everywhere and other trees I don't like, so they have to
go to.