GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Down By the Dam-6517 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/205581-down-dam-6517-a.html)

Maroochy[_4_] 27-10-2012 11:29 AM

Down By the Dam-6517

1 Attachment(s)
Thank goodness for my dam, we've not had any rain of consequence, since
early July and we are not on town water, so our dam is a lifesaver for my
plants. :-)

joevan[_3_] 27-10-2012 11:59 AM

Down By the Dam-6517

On Sat, 27 Oct 2012 20:29:19 +1000, "Maroochy"
wrote:

Thank goodness for my dam, we've not had any rain of consequence, since
early July and we are not on town water, so our dam is a lifesaver for my
plants. :-)

Beautiful place you have there.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 27-10-2012 12:15 PM

Down By the Dam-6517

"Maroochy" wrote ...

Thank goodness for my dam, we've not had any rain of consequence, since
early July and we are not on town water, so our dam is a lifesaver for my
plants. :-)

Quite a life saver for the local wildlife as well I would imagine, ever
tried using night vision binoculars to see what come around at night.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Maroochy[_4_] 28-10-2012 07:48 AM

Down By the Dam-6517

wrote:

Thank goodness for my dam, we've not had any rain of consequence,
since early July and we are not on town water, so our dam is a
lifesaver for my plants. :-)

Beautiful place you have there.

Thanks, we absolutely love it. :-)

Maroochy[_4_] 28-10-2012 08:01 AM

Down By the Dam-6517

Bob Hobden wrote:
Quite a life saver for the local wildlife as well I would imagine,

Yes, we're attracting a lot more birds now and hopefully as things mature, a
lot more wildlife will appear.

ever tried using night vision binoculars to see what come around at
night.

No, but we put food (apples and other fruit.veggie scraps) out a little ways
from the house and we can watch the possums and bandicoots come in and
enjoy their little treats, from our deck. Also the wallabies hang around
quite a bit and we saw a huge hare a couple of nights ago, I'm not too happy
about that as I am starting on my veggie garden next week, though I will be
able to protect the veggies at night, so hopefully we get to eat them, not
the wildlife. :-)