Old 25-11-2012, 09:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Fish Pond Project-6510

Clearing away an overgrown section of our yard, I found a large hole in the
ground, not sure why it was there, it was full of dead branches etc. I
wasn't sure what to do about it, then I thought it maybe a good place to put
in a fish pond. So for the past month or so, we've removed all the vines,
most of the cordylines and weeds. We used the hole as a fire pit for a
couple of weeks, burning off all the stuff we'd cut down/removed.
Then we lined the hole with a plastic liner, edged it with rocks. Due to a
miscalculation it wasn't as level as I wanted it, so I built up one end with
clay I removed from our dam overflow. I don't know how many times I removed
rocks, added more soil, put rocks back, wasn't happy, so removed rocks,
added more soil, put rocks back. :-) As it turned out, the liner was about 4
inches too short on one side, so I can't get it quite the way I wanted, but
I will learn to live with it I guess, plus hopefully when the ferns grow
they will hide the parts that annoy me. It's now almost finished, though I
still have quite a few finishing touches to do.
This is how it went, the beginning, all overgrown cordylines, passionfruit
vines, cat's claw creeper vines, walking iris and mondo grass.

Attached Thumbnails
Fish Pond Project-6510-c-6510-pondbefore-01-10-12-40-20.jpg