Old 24-12-2012, 02:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default seeds of clematis

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

Attached Thumbnails
seeds of clematis-clematis_seeds-0a.jpg
Old 24-12-2012, 03:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi writes:

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe]
since records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used
to think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at
least a bit of a snowflake.

Best one yet!

Here on the east coast of the USA we've had 2 years in a row of extreme
tree destruction. One more year and I think all our Tulip Poplars might
be gone.

--
Dan Espen
Old 24-12-2012, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Well, bother, that's better than my best Clematis-seed picture!
--
Sue ]
Old 24-12-2012, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 24.12.2012 16:39, schrieb Dan Espen:
Willi writes:

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe]
since records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used
to think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at
least a bit of a snowflake.

Best one yet!

Here on the east coast of the USA we've had 2 years in a row of extreme
tree destruction. One more year and I think all our Tulip Poplars might
be gone.

We had an unexpected load of snow already once at the end of October
which broke off a thick branch of one of my apple trees and a plum tree
as a whole! [... admittedly these were very old trees] In general we are
not so happy with mild winters, because there can be frosts until
mid-May and when the winters are rather warm, the trees will bloom very
early and then be caught by the cold. To prevent trees from early
sprouting the trunks are even sometimes painted white, so that the warm
sunrays in Spring are reflected and cannot be absorbed. I'm speaking of
48° latitude north and continental climate.

Best wishes, and Merry Christmas!

Old 24-12-2012, 06:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 24.12.2012 19:00, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Well, bother, that's better than my best Clematis-seed picture!

Haha, thanks a lot. Best wishes!

Old 24-12-2012, 07:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:52:58 +0100, Willi wrote:

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

Another magical and wonderful photograph. Thanks for posting.
Old 24-12-2012, 09:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 24.12.2012 20:49, schrieb joevan:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 15:52:58 +0100, Willi wrote:

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

Another magical and wonderful photograph. Thanks for posting.

Thank you very much.
Old 25-12-2012, 01:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article lekom.at,
Willi wrote:

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

[Image]

It's beautiful.

Sue
Old 25-12-2012, 09:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 25.12.2012 02:07, schrieb Suzie-Q:
In article lekom.at,
Willi wrote:

I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to
think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at least
a bit of a snowflake.

[Image]

It's beautiful.

Sue

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote:
I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since records
began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to think of an ideal
Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that features both, the unusual
weather, and something that reminds at least a bit of a snowflake.

Belatedly, I put this one in my "Spring is Coming" folder.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi wrote on 25/12/12 :
I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe] since
records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to think of
an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that features both, the
unusual weather, and something that reminds at least a bit of a snowflake.

That's a beautiful photo.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 05.02.2013 01:40, schrieb BarbaraH:
Willi wrote on 25/12/12 :
I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe]
since records began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used
to think of an ideal Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that
features both, the unusual weather, and something that reminds at
least a bit of a snowflake.

That's a beautiful photo.

Thanks a lot. I hope the weather is ok at your place.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 04.02.2013 20:25, schrieb Bill Davidsen:
Willi wrote:
I took the pic today. It is the warmest 24th here [Central Europe]
since records
began 60 years ago. It's definitely not what we are used to think of
an ideal
Christmas weatherwise. So I chose a subject that features both, the
unusual
weather, and something that reminds at least a bit of a snowflake.

Belatedly, I put this one in my "Spring is Coming" folder.

I'm glad you like it. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Willi has brought this to us :

That's a beautiful photo.

Thanks a lot. I hope the weather is ok at your place.

All OK now, though being without electricity and phones for 3 days,
plus being cut off by floods, made life interesting for a few days. :-)

Old 07-02-2013, 04:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 14:53:23 +1000, BarbaraH
wrote:

Willi has brought this to us :

That's a beautiful photo.

Thanks a lot. I hope the weather is ok at your place.

All OK now, though being without electricity and phones for 3 days,
plus being cut off by floods, made life interesting for a few days. :-)

I was wondering if it had affected you. I am glad no damage was done.