GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ice again [cotoneaster] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/206455-ice-again-%5Bcotoneaster%5D.html)

Willi 24-02-2013 11:52 PM

ice again [cotoneaster]

1 Attachment(s)
interesting icicles imho. The branches belong to a Cotoneaster.

Mad Cow 02-03-2013 07:43 PM

ice again [cotoneaster]

In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
interesting icicles imho. The branches belong to a Cotoneaster.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

That's a fine growth of icicles. Are they from melting snow or did it
rain on frozen twigs?
--
Sue ]:(:)

Willi 03-03-2013 02:15 PM

ice again [cotoneaster]

Am 02.03.2013 20:43, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
interesting icicles imho. The branches belong to a Cotoneaster.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

That's a fine growth of icicles. Are they from melting snow or did it
rain on frozen twigs?

They are from melting snow at the roof, kinda dripping down from the
sunlit roof and freezing at the shady spot where the Cotoneaster stands.
(I crawled beneath the shrub and took the pic lying on the ground with
my back against the wall. = phoga [photographic yoga] ;) )

Mad Cow 03-03-2013 05:19 PM

ice again [cotoneaster]

In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
Am 02.03.2013 20:43, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
interesting icicles imho. The branches belong to a Cotoneaster.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

That's a fine growth of icicles. Are they from melting snow or did it
rain on frozen twigs?

They are from melting snow at the roof, kinda dripping down from the
sunlit roof and freezing at the shady spot where the Cotoneaster stands.
(I crawled beneath the shrub and took the pic lying on the ground with
my back against the wall. = phoga [photographic yoga] ;) )

It's a good picture so worth the trouble!
--
Sue ]:(:)