GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Iris danfordiae (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/206491-iris-danfordiae.html)

Plantsman50 03-03-2013 09:59 AM

Iris danfordiae

1 Attachment(s)
A native to Turkey where it grows in mountainous regions just below the snowline, Iris danfordiae is a very early Iris which has a honey like sweet scent. I grow in pots and open garden where I plant them very deeply to alleviate the bulbs splitting into non flowering (at least for a couple of years) offsets. Cheap enough to be grown as an annual in pots and bought into the house.

Martin