GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   just one of my epiphyll's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/207042-just-one-my-epiphylls.html)

joevan[_3_] 21-05-2013 08:32 PM

just one of my epiphyll's - One I took this morning - IMG_0804a.jpg (0/1)

On Tue, 21 May 2013 17:14:17 +0200, Willi wrote:

Am 20.05.2013 16:05, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 12 May 2013 16:23:02 -0400, joevan
wrote:

So beautiful. Thanks. (Actually I don't know to which of the 2 pics this
reply is attached. I've seen them elsewhere.)
Are the flowers scented? I have a yellow one 'oxypetalum' whose blooms
emit a wonderful scent overnight. It hasn't flowered the last years
though. I cross-pollinated it with the usual red ones. So I'm hoping of
getting interesting results maybe as soon as next year (Plants are from
5cm - 15cm in height).
My experience so far is in short terms: 'red' kills the scent.

I just checked and no sweet smell.

thomaspoul 24-05-2013 09:07 AM

Beautiful flower...can i know name of this flower.

Willi 25-05-2013 12:39 PM

just one of my epiphyll's

Am 24.05.2013 10:07, schrieb thomaspoul:
Willi;982568 Wrote:

Beautiful flower...can i know name of this flower.

I am a bit confused to whom you're replying, because of joevan's pic,
which must be somewhere - not visible for me though. So - if is my
picture that you're referring to - It's name is '15'.
It is the 15th plant of home-bred epiphyllums, that flowered. Going by
the number it was about 2007-2010, when it flowered the first time.

thomaspoul 28-05-2013 07:07 AM

This is request, post more flowers pics.

thomaspoul 30-05-2013 12:41 PM

I am again requesting you, post more pics, i am still waiting.

joevan[_3_] 31-05-2013 12:17 PM

just one of my epiphyll's

On Thu, 30 May 2013 13:41:12 +0200, thomaspoul
wrote:

Willi;982568 Wrote:

I am again requesting you, post more pics, i am still waiting.

This is not a place to order people around. It sound as though you are
so impatient. You may have to wait a bit until someone feels like
posting.

thomaspoul 28-10-2013 10:37 AM

As i know epiphyll's is one of beautiful flower, can i have some more.

Willi_9 28-10-2013 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by thomaspoul (Post 994307)
As i know epiphyll's is one of beautiful flower, can i have some more.

I try to post constantly 1 pic per week. The season for epiphyllums is May/June, new pictures will come then. Here's a little collection of thumbnails of photos I made over the years. They are all grown from seed. Hopefully I'll get some new ones to flower next year. Don't worry, you'll see them.

Willi_9 28-10-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missie (Post 982934)
Really beautiful.. May I ask what camera you use to take the photos? Im thinking of maybe getting a cheap easy-to-use one, Ive been using my iPhone but the quality is not this good.

It is a Nikon D50.