Old 21-05-2013, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default just one of my epiphyll's - One I took this morning - IMG_0804a.jpg (0/1)

On Tue, 21 May 2013 17:14:17 +0200, Willi wrote:

Am 20.05.2013 16:05, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 12 May 2013 16:23:02 -0400, joevan
wrote:

So beautiful. Thanks. (Actually I don't know to which of the 2 pics this
reply is attached. I've seen them elsewhere.)
Are the flowers scented? I have a yellow one 'oxypetalum' whose blooms
emit a wonderful scent overnight. It hasn't flowered the last years
though. I cross-pollinated it with the usual red ones. So I'm hoping of
getting interesting results maybe as soon as next year (Plants are from
5cm - 15cm in height).
My experience so far is in short terms: 'red' kills the scent.

I just checked and no sweet smell.
Old 24-05-2013, 10:07 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

Beautiful flower...can i know name of this flower.
Old 25-05-2013, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Am 24.05.2013 10:07, schrieb thomaspoul:
Willi;982568 Wrote:

Beautiful flower...can i know name of this flower.

I am a bit confused to whom you're replying, because of joevan's pic,
which must be somewhere - not visible for me though. So - if is my
picture that you're referring to - It's name is '15'.
It is the 15th plant of home-bred epiphyllums, that flowered. Going by
the number it was about 2007-2010, when it flowered the first time.
Old 28-05-2013, 08:07 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

This is request, post more flowers pics.
Old 30-05-2013, 01:41 PM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

I am again requesting you, post more pics, i am still waiting.

Old 31-05-2013, 01:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Thu, 30 May 2013 13:41:12 +0200, thomaspoul
wrote:

Willi;982568 Wrote:

I am again requesting you, post more pics, i am still waiting.

This is not a place to order people around. It sound as though you are
so impatient. You may have to wait a bit until someone feels like
posting.
Old 28-10-2013, 11:37 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

As i know epiphyll's is one of beautiful flower, can i have some more.
Old 28-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaspoul View Post
As i know epiphyll's is one of beautiful flower, can i have some more.
I try to post constantly 1 pic per week. The season for epiphyllums is May/June, new pictures will come then. Here's a little collection of thumbnails of photos I made over the years. They are all grown from seed. Hopefully I'll get some new ones to flower next year. Don't worry, you'll see them.
Attached Thumbnails
just one of my epiphyll's-epiphyllum_overview-0.jpg
Old 28-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missie View Post
Really beautiful.. May I ask what camera you use to take the photos? Im thinking of maybe getting a cheap easy-to-use one, Ive been using my iPhone but the quality is not this good.
It is a Nikon D50.