GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Regal Lilies (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/207792-re-regal-lilies.html)

Mad Cow 18-07-2013 06:31 PM

Regal Lilies

In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Lovely shot!
--
Sue ]:(:)

Willi 20-07-2013 10:03 PM

Regal Lilies

Am 18.07.2013 19:31, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Lovely shot!

Thanks! I crawled under them, twisting me into the right position to
capure the pure sky as background without sun, or trees or roofs
projecting in. ;)

Mad Cow 20-07-2013 10:44 PM

Regal Lilies

In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
Am 18.07.2013 19:31, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Lovely shot!

Thanks! I crawled under them, twisting me into the right position to
capure the pure sky as background without sun, or trees or roofs
projecting in. ;)

Naturally. I've done that and found I was lying in an ants' nest;
until then I believed the little black garden ants couldn't bite.
--
Sue ]|(:)

joevan[_3_] 20-07-2013 10:52 PM

Regal Lilies

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 23:03:28 +0200, Willi wrote:

Am 18.07.2013 19:31, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Lovely shot!

Thanks! I crawled under them, twisting me into the right position to
capure the pure sky as background without sun, or trees or roofs
projecting in. ;)

You did a great job twisting. Thanks for the effort.

Willi 21-07-2013 02:49 PM

Regal Lilies

Am 20.07.2013 23:44, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article lekom.at,
Willi writes
Am 18.07.2013 19:31, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Lovely shot!

Thanks! I crawled under them, twisting me into the right position to
capure the pure sky as background without sun, or trees or roofs
projecting in. ;)

Naturally. I've done that and found I was lying in an ants' nest;
until then I believed the little black garden ants couldn't bite.

I hope this did not happen when you photographed the stinging nettles.
;) Haha. Great shots btw. I had always some opium poppies too. I can
remember that I still had a few last year, but seemingly without
producing seeds for this year. I liked the doubled ones (as in your
pic), but they were quite rare (1 every other year or less).

Mad Cow 21-07-2013 10:34 PM

Regal Lilies

In article ekom.at,
Willi writes

I hope this did not happen when you photographed the stinging nettles.
;) Haha. Great shots btw. I had always some opium poppies too. I can
remember that I still had a few last year, but seemingly without
producing seeds for this year. I liked the doubled ones (as in your
pic), but they were quite rare (1 every other year or less).

They produce a lot of seeds and if you let them get into your compost
you get 100% germination in pots where you don't want them. But if the
seeds fall in flower beds you only get a few plants, so I suppose most
of them are eaten by birds or some other creature.
--
Sue ]:(:)