GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Centaurea montana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/207972-centaurea-montana.html)

Willi 04-08-2013 12:31 PM

Centaurea montana

1 Attachment(s)
I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

joevan[_3_] 04-08-2013 01:11 PM

Centaurea montana

On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 13:31:02 +0200, Willi wrote:

I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

Great find and photo. I love the clearity.

Willi 04-08-2013 03:39 PM

Centaurea montana

Am 04.08.2013 14:11, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 04 Aug 2013 13:31:02 +0200, Willi wrote:

I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

Great find and photo. I love the clearity.

Thanks!

Mad Cow 04-08-2013 04:12 PM

Centaurea montana

In article ekom.at,
Willi writes
I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Nice picture. That species isn't native here but you'd never guess
because it's very popular in gardens and often seen growing wild.
--
Sue ]:(:)

Willi 04-08-2013 05:26 PM

Centaurea montana

Am 04.08.2013 17:12, schrieb Mad Cow:
In article ekom.at,
Willi writes
I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

Nice picture. That species isn't native here but you'd never guess
because it's very popular in gardens and often seen growing wild.

That sounds like it could be a candidate for your 'weed of the week'
list ;) - I'm looking forward to see pics. :) I noticed that it isn't
native to GB when I looked up the scientific name. They are not very
rare here also, but then I've never seen them growing in clusters -
always just few and far between.

Grenou[_2_] 06-08-2013 08:38 PM

Centaurea montana

"Willi" wrote in message
.telekom.at...

I've found this one on a ramble through the nearby woods.

------

Very lovely and well photographed.
I had this in our garden, but it got very scruffy. Will replant one of these
days.
:-)
Grenou