GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fuchsia magellanica alba (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/208312-fuchsia-magellanica-alba.html)

Grenou[_2_] 09-09-2013 05:29 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know why it's called white as it's pink :-)

An excellent addition to the garden, it gets hard pruned every other year
and always flowers very well.
:-)
Grenou

joevan[_3_] 09-09-2013 06:20 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 17:29:41 +0100, "Grenou" iamhere@mostofthetime
wrote:

I don't know why it's called white as it's pink :-)

An excellent addition to the garden, it gets hard pruned every other year
and always flowers very well.
:-)
Grenou

Wonderful. I like that. I used to have fuchsia in my rooftop garden.

Mad Cow 09-09-2013 06:50 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

In article , joevan
writes
wrote:

I don't know why it's called white as it's pink :-)

An excellent addition to the garden, it gets hard pruned every other year
and always flowers very well.
:-)
Grenou

Wonderful. I like that. I used to have fuchsia in my rooftop garden.

I don't like the colour but it's obviously doing well!
--
Sue ]:(:)

Grenou[_2_] 09-09-2013 06:58 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

wrote:

I don't know why it's called white as it's pink :-)

An excellent addition to the garden, it gets hard pruned every other year
and always flowers very well.
:-)
Grenou

Wonderful. I like that. I used to have fuchsia in my rooftop garden.

--------

Thank Joe, would you like a cutting? I could email it :-)
This particular one grows quite tall though.
I gave a previous neighbour a small plant, grown from a cutting. He grew it
to maturity, moved house and the current owners haven't pruned it for years,
it's huge!

Grenou

joevan[_3_] 09-09-2013 08:47 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:58:11 +0100, "Grenou" iamhere@mostofthetime
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

I don't know why it's called white as it's pink :-)

An excellent addition to the garden, it gets hard pruned every other year
and always flowers very well.
:-)
Grenou

Wonderful. I like that. I used to have fuchsia in my rooftop garden.

--------

Thank Joe, would you like a cutting? I could email it :-)
This particular one grows quite tall though.
I gave a previous neighbour a small plant, grown from a cutting. He grew it
to maturity, moved house and the current owners haven't pruned it for years,
it's huge!

Grenou

Would love a cutting. I am in Phila Pa. USA
contact me at

If it is possible I would love it.

Grenou[_2_] 09-09-2013 09:33 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

"joevan" wrote in message

Thanks Joe, would you like a cutting? I could email it :-)
This particular one grows quite tall though.
I gave a previous neighbour a small plant, grown from a cutting. He grew it
to maturity, moved house and the current owners haven't pruned it for
years,
it's huge!

Grenou

Would love a cutting. I am in Phila Pa. USA
contact me at

If it is possible I would love it.

------

Emailing a cutting means it won't grow!

I am in the UK and sending plant material by post is a problem.
Dave's Garden list one US nursery as stocking the plants:
http://davesgarden.com/products/ps/go/185786/

But tomorrow (it's evening and dark now) I will take some cuttings, who
knows, maybe I can find a way :-)

Grenou

joevan[_3_] 09-09-2013 11:28 PM

Fuchsia magellanica alba

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:33:30 +0100, "Grenou" iamhere@mostofthetime
wrote:

Emailing a cutting means it won't grow!

I am in the UK and sending plant material by post is a problem.
Dave's Garden list one US nursery as stocking the plants:
http://davesgarden.com/products/ps/go/185786/

But tomorrow (it's evening and dark now) I will take some cuttings, who
knows, maybe I can find a way :-)

Grenou

I know but it is a great thought. Thanks for that.
I will check out you url.