Old 22-09-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered User

Default Cactus wants get rid of his grafting

In Spring I grafted an Echinopsis on a Cereus. When I looked at it recently I
detected a new sprout on the stock which is lifting up the grafting. The grafting
has already new roots. So if the Cereus should be successful and pushes it off
it'll ready for growth in sandy soil again.
Attached Thumbnails
Cactus wants get rid of his grafting-echinopsis_cereus-0.jpg
Old 22-09-2013, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

--
Willi_9

-

Hehe, I can see teeth! OK, roots :-)
Well done :-)

Grenou
Old 22-09-2013, 04:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:09:54 +0200, Willi_9
wrote:

In Spring I grafted an Echinopsis on a Cereus. When I looked at it
recently I
detected a new sprout on the stock which is lifting up the grafting. The
grafting
has already new roots. So if the Cereus should be successful and pushes
it off
it'll ready for growth in sandy soil again.

Really cool. Nice picture and it looks evil and nice.
Old 24-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenou[_2_] View Post
"Willi_9" wrote in message ...

In Spring I grafted an Echinopsis on a Cereus. When I looked at it
recently I
detected a new sprout on the stock which is lifting up the grafting. The
grafting
has already new roots. So if the Cereus should be successful and pushes
it off
it'll ready for growth in sandy soil again.

--
Willi_9

-

Hehe, I can see teeth! OK, roots :-)
Well done :-)

Grenou
Everything is still in action. The hole is bigger, the teeth longer, the sprout stronger. There's only a tiny little space, where the two are connected - not what I intended, but having learned enough by doing I'll be wiser next year.
Old 24-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Registered User

Thanks. It was a little test, the Cereus is about 3 feet tall. Next year I'll graft
another in eyes' height.

[IMG] code is On

cactus grafting Willi_9 Garden Photos 0 03-02-2015 02:54 PM
Can you help my 12 yr old son from loosing his cactus pls? Sword United Kingdom 3 11-01-2011 09:12 PM
grafting of a cactus Willi Garden Photos 3 24-11-2010 06:09 PM
cactus grafting Robin Graham United Kingdom 7 05-09-2004 09:25 AM
Would you all like to get rid of Gorgeous George? Could you get shot of Saddam at the same time Gorgeous George United Kingdom 0 22-03-2003 09:56 PM