Old 22-09-2013, 10:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Any UK posters used this and what do you think?

Bought this pack of Westland Earth Matters slug blocker some time ago.
At first it looked like cat litter and promised to be a good barrier around
vulnerable plants :-)
But after the first bit of rain it turned into mush and then started to look
very unpleasant.
It hasn't changed for the better in 2 months and now looks really awful.
Not nice to put around flowers!
(have kept the evidence small as it's not a pretty sight).
Anyone else tried it?

I then added shredded bark, which works very well, should have done that in
the first place.

Grenou

Attached Thumbnails
Any UK posters used this and what do you think?-slug_blocker_granules.jpg
Old 22-09-2013, 11:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Grenou
iamhere@mostofthetime.? writes

Anyone else tried it?

Not me. Don't tell the RSPCA but I hunt slugs and snails for fun, and
when I catch them I cut them in half and use them as bait.

I then added shredded bark, which works very well, should have done that in
the first place.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
--
Sue ]
Old 22-09-2013, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mad Cow" wrote in message ...

In article , Grenou
iamhere@mostofthetime.? writes

Anyone else tried it?

Not me. Don't tell the RSPCA but I hunt slugs and snails for fun, and
when I catch them I cut them in half and use them as bait.

I then added shredded bark, which works very well, should have done that in
the first place.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
--
Sue ]

-

Hehe, I do the same.
I use a LED torch and and go hunting at night :-)
The next night other slugs go for their dead friends first before attacking
my plants.
Snails get flying lessons :-)

I used the above around some flowers, saw how gloopy it became and then only
put it around the courgette plants, with the bark later on.
Have just Googled for that blocker and the reviews on Amazon are not exactly
complimentary.

Grenou