GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cactus slaughter? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/208879-cactus-slaughter.html)

Willi_9 15-12-2013 02:13 PM

cactus slaughter?

1 Attachment(s)
lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old grafting into cactus soil again.

Grenou[_2_] 15-12-2013 05:01 PM

cactus slaughter?

--
Willi_9

------------

Oh dear, it's been through the wars!
I hope the new one will blossom :-)

Grenou

joevan[_3_] 17-12-2013 09:41 PM

cactus slaughter?

On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:13:53 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old grafting
into cactus soil again.

Hopefully it will produce a beautiful bloom.
What would you recommend for a first, great blooming cactus?

Willi_9 19-12-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grenou[_2_] (Post 996473)
"Willi_9" wrote in message ...

lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old grafting
into cactus soil again.

--
Willi_9

------------

Oh dear, it's been through the wars!
I hope the new one will blossom :-)

Grenou

No problem. I have bigger plants of both. :)

Willi_9 19-12-2013 07:18 PM

Echinopsis. They are very easy to keep and they have gorgeous flowers with approx. 4" diameter. The flowers last 2 days only, but have a wonderful scent, especially at night.

joevan[_3_] 19-12-2013 11:38 PM

cactus slaughter?

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:18:04 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

'joevan[_3_ Wrote:
;996560']On Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:13:53 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:
-

lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old
grafting
into cactus soil again.-
Hopefully it will produce a beautiful bloom.
What would you recommend for a first, great blooming cactus?

Echinopsis. They are very easy to keep and they have gorgeous flowers
with approx. 4" diameter. The flowers last 2 days only, but have a
wonderful scent, especially at night.

Thank you so much. I will certainly look into getting one or maybe
two.

BarbaraH[_2_] 21-12-2013 10:07 AM

cactus slaughter?

Willi_9 was thinking very hard :
lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old
grafting into cactus soil again.

Lately I can't seem to get your photos, I just get a small square with
a cross.

joevan[_3_] 21-12-2013 01:50 PM

cactus slaughter? - EpiAufMyrtillocactus-4.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 21 Dec 2013 20:07:29 +1000, BarbaraH
wrote:

Willi_9 was thinking very hard :
lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old
grafting into cactus soil again.

Lately I can't seem to get your photos, I just get a small square with
a cross.

I wonder if it helps if I post it from my machine.

joevan[_3_] 21-12-2013 01:50 PM

cactus slaughter? - EpiAufMyrtillocactus-4.jpg (1/1)

1 Attachment(s)

Willi_9 23-12-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbaraH[_2_] (Post 996627)
Willi_9 was thinking very hard :
lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old
grafting into cactus soil again.

Lately I can't seem to get your photos, I just get a small square with
a cross.

I can't access binary newsgroups anymore. I'm sending my pics to Gardening forum - GardenBanter.co.uk now. I always upload my latest pictures also to
weekly pics @ alt.binaires.pictures.gardens or
Willi's Latest Pics @ alt.binaries.comp-graphics and alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

G Willi

BarbaraH[_2_] 24-12-2013 02:00 AM

cactus slaughter? - EpiAufMyrtillocactus-4.jpg (1/1)

Thank you that worked a treat.

BarbaraH[_2_] 24-12-2013 02:01 AM

cactus slaughter?

Willi_9 brought next idea :
'BarbaraH[_2_ Wrote:
;996627']Willi_9 was thinking very hard :-
lifesaving surgery! I cut them apart and planted the 3 year old
grafting into cactus soil again.-

Lately I can't seem to get your photos, I just get a small square
with a cross.

I can't access binary newsgroups anymore. I'm sending my pics to
'Gardening forum - GardenBanter.co.uk'
(http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk) now. I always upload my latest
pictures also to 'weekly pics @ alt.binaires.pictures.gardens'
(http://tinyurl.com/mdlgsso) or
'Willi's Latest Pics @ alt.binaries.comp-graphics and
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens' (http://tinyurl.com/optvrok)

G Willi

OK thanks.

joevan[_3_] 24-12-2013 12:12 PM

cactus slaughter? - EpiAufMyrtillocactus-4.jpg (1/1)

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 12:00:57 +1000, BarbaraH
wrote:

Thank you that worked a treat.

I am glad to help but I still wonder, and we may never know why it
happened.