GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   mammillaria microhelia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/209491-mammillaria-microhelia.html)

Willi_9 06-04-2014 05:55 AM

mammillaria microhelia

1 Attachment(s)
I took the pic a few days ago. Have a nice weekend.

Mad Cow 06-04-2014 09:43 AM

mammillaria microhelia

In article , Willi_9 Willi_9.db6ba4
writes

I took the pic a few days ago. Have a nice weekend.

How large is it? I don't want to be rude but in the picture it looks
just like M elongata (which is a much less prestigious cactus).
--
Sue ]:(:)

joevan[_3_] 06-04-2014 01:09 PM

mammillaria microhelia

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014 06:55:23 +0200, Willi_9
wrote:

I took the pic a few days ago. Have a nice weekend.

Those little white blossoms seem so helpless and beautiful.

Willi_9 06-04-2014 09:31 PM

You're probably right, I changed the name already in all my files. I had found the name in a book along with a picture that quite matched my cactus. And 'microhelia' was quoted as a typical beginners' cactus. So I thought it might be that. Thanks for the hint.
I love all your weeds and everyone else's pictures. Posting can be very tricky sometimes here, so I strictly reduced my comments and replies to avoid annoying rewriting of crooked letters and numbers or re-log-ins even if I wasn't logged out.

[Happened all now]

Mad Cow 08-04-2014 09:43 PM

mammillaria microhelia

In article , Willi_9 Willi_9.db7b76
writes

How large is it? I don't want to be rude but in the picture it looks
just like M elongata (which is a much less prestigious cactus).

You're probably right, I changed the name already in all my files. I had
found the name in a book along with a picture that quite matched my
cactus. And 'microhelia' was quoted as a typical beginners' cactus. So I
thought it might be that.

I'm not an expert and there are an awful lot of Mamillarias. These two
species could be closely related. Anyway it's a healthy cactus and a
good picture of it.
--
Sue ]:(:)