Old 21-04-2014, 01:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Weed of the Week: Creeping buttercup (Ranunculus repens)

Creeping buttercups spread by creeping stems that grow quickly sideways.
Every few days they touch ground and a new plant starts to grow as the
stolon creeps onward. That's how they conquered Europe, Asia and Africa
so they'll have your lawn in a few months.
They reached Australia and the Americas by another reliable method of
weed transport: garden centres. Why wait for weeds to arrive by
accident when you can pay actual money for them?
[ Section: 1/1 File: z_Buttercup_2443.JPG UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version 5.02 S ]

sum -r/size 51957/193445 section (from "begin" to "end")
sum -r/size 48258/140376 entire input file
--
Sue ]
Attached Thumbnails
Old 21-04-2014, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mad Cow" wrote in message ...

Creeping buttercups spread by creeping stems that grow quickly sideways.
Every few days they touch ground and a new plant starts to grow as the
stolon creeps onward. That's how they conquered Europe, Asia and Africa
so they'll have your lawn in a few months.
They reached Australia and the Americas by another reliable method of
weed transport: garden centres. Why wait for weeds to arrive by
accident when you can pay actual money for them?
[ Section: 1/1 File: z_Buttercup_2443.JPG UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated
Version 5.02 S ]
sum -r/size 51957/193445 section (from "begin" to "end")
sum -r/size 48258/140376 entire input file
--
Sue ]

------------

Hehe, you make it sound as if they are fire breathing aliens :-)

I grow a large butler's sink full of them, they're very pretty.
If they get over enthusiastic in the garden I pull them out, no problem,
they come out very readily.

Why do you dislike wild plants so much?
:-)
Grenou

Attached Thumbnails
Weed of the Week: Creeping buttercup (Ranunculus repens)-img_2161-buttercups-.jpg
Old 22-04-2014, 07:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , Grenou
iamhere@mostofthetime.? writes
I grow a large butler's sink full of them, they're very pretty.
If they get over enthusiastic in the garden I pull them out, no problem, they
come out very readily.

Why do you dislike wild plants so much?

I've got a great idea: why don't you come and weed them out of my lawn,
maybe you know something I don't - or maybe your climate's a lot drier?

Creeping buttercups are one of Britain's top agricultural pests: they're
poisonous to livestock and on moist soils they swamp most crops. If you
let them spread onto your neighbour's land they can sue you. And my
garden's only about ten metres by fifteen - very few British gardeners
have room for agricultural-scale weeds.

Vegetation's only wild if it's growing in the wild.
--
Sue ]
Old 23-04-2014, 10:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Mad Cow" wrote in message ...

[...]

------

Oh my...

ALL garden plants originate from wild plants.
There is very little in a cultivated garden, except the wild plants, that is
natural.
I remove plenty of unwanted plants when they are 'in the wrong place'.
I am not a farmer, which is, by the way, also totally unnatural.

Just as well my neighbours and I get on very well as a great part of their
garden is full of wild plants, stinging nettles, buttercups, creeping
grasses etc etc, otherwise I 'could' sue them... the thought of it, good
grief .. whatever next...

I am flabberghasted at this dislike of anything you don't approve of. What a
shame.

It will please you to know that I shall unsubscribe from this group.
I was here for the fun of it, but you sure aren't any fun.
Such bitterness and hatred is very sad.

Grenou

Old 23-04-2014, 12:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:42:55 +0100, "Grenou" iamhere@mostofthetime
wrote:

It will please you to know that I shall unsubscribe from this group.
I was here for the fun of it, but you sure aren't any fun.
Such bitterness and hatred is very sad.

Grenou

Please don't go. One person seems to get you riled. We love your
posts. We need people like you here.