GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Img-0032-Tree Blossoms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/209891-img-0032-tree-blossoms.html)

Stinkweed[_3_] 04-06-2014 04:02 PM

Img-0032-Tree Blossoms

I was told that someone might know what kind of tree this is in here. I see
a lot of familiar names. But if you know, please tell me as I can't find
it, well I did find it on the internet but they didn't give the name of it.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 06-06-2014 08:28 AM

Img-0032-Tree Blossoms

"joevan" wrote...

"Stinkweed" wrote:

I was told that someone might know what kind of tree this is in here. I
see
a lot of familiar names. But if you know, please tell me as I can't find
it, well I did find it on the internet but they didn't give the name of
it.

Someone might be able to help if you showed the whole tree and a
closeup of the leaves.

My immediate reaction was that is was one of the Philadelphus (Mock Orange),
which although usually shrubs, I have seen grow into small trees. Do the
flower have a strong scent like orange blossom?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Stinkweed[_3_] 06-06-2014 05:04 PM

Img-0032-Tree Blossoms

No, the flowers have no scent, it is a shame. I just posted more photos of
the tree. I had gone back as far in the yard as I could go as there was a
fence to get the whole tree in the picture.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"joevan" wrote...