GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Img-12-My husbands gardens (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/209945-img-12-my-husbands-gardens.html)

Stinkweed[_3_] 10-06-2014 06:10 PM

Img-12-My husbands gardens

1 Attachment(s)
Behind fence because of the rabbits and deer. His garden is really doing
good.

joevan[_3_] 10-06-2014 06:21 PM

Img-12-My husbands gardens

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:10:46 -0500, "Stinkweed"
wrote:

Behind fence because of the rabbits and deer. His garden is really doing
good.

Looking good. I also love roses.

Stinkweed[_3_] 10-06-2014 06:59 PM

Img-12-My husbands gardens

Thank you so much Joevan, I love roses too and I planted another climbing
rose this summer. 5 bush roses last year and 2 climbing roses. One day I
will have a yard full of roses. I got the thornless all summer blooming
roses. My daisies I planted last year are coming up and getting ready to
bloom and they look nice and healthy.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 11-06-2014 02:50 PM

Img-12-My husbands gardens

"Stinkweed" wrote

Thank you so much Joevan, I love roses too and I planted another climbing
rose this summer. 5 bush roses last year and 2 climbing roses. One day I
will have a yard full of roses. I got the thornless all summer blooming
roses. My daisies I planted last year are coming up and getting ready to
bloom and they look nice and healthy.

I used to dislike roses because I had to prune my Mums rose bed when a child
and always got torn to shreds. In later life I discovered the "English"
roses, like these ...
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/engl...sp?PageId=2025
and especially the pink "Gertrude Jekyll" which has the most wonderful
scent.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Stinkweed[_3_] 11-06-2014 03:55 PM

Img-12-My husbands gardens

They are beautiful, but it doesn't say if they are thorn less. That is the
only way my husband would agree to all the roses was if they didn't have
thorns on them. He didn't want to get tore up mowing the lawn. I have
always liked them but just in the last few years discovered there were thorn
less roses.