GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ball cactus-6709-(Notocactus mammulosus) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/210804-ball-cactus-6709-notocactus-mammulosus.html)

BarbaraH[_2_] 23-10-2014 10:20 AM

Ball cactus-6709-(Notocactus mammulosus)

3

joevan[_3_] 23-10-2014 12:50 PM

Ball cactus-6709-(Notocactus mammulosus)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:20:20 +1000, BarbaraH
wrote:

3

Cactus have the most beautiful flowers.
Love these.

Bob Hobden[_3_] 23-10-2014 04:54 PM

Ball cactus-6709-(Notocactus mammulosus)

"joevan" wrote

BarbaraH wrote:

Cactus have the most beautiful flowers.
Love these.

They do but mine sits there in the greenhouse for 360 days a year doing not
much and then 5 days (max) of flowers. True, they are large and stunning,
but it's not a good value plant to say the least. It's an old friend now so
I won't get rid of it.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Mad Cow 23-10-2014 06:59 PM

Ball cactus-6709-(Notocactus mammulosus)

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
"joevan" wrote

BarbaraH wrote:

Cactus have the most beautiful flowers.
Love these.

They do but mine sits there in the greenhouse for 360 days a year doing not
much and then 5 days (max) of flowers. True, they are large and stunning,
but it's not a good value plant to say the least. It's an old friend now so
I won't get rid of it.

You have to like the cactus and not just the flowers, beautifully lit as
they are here.
--
Sue ]:(:)

BarbaraH[_2_] 29-10-2014 08:38 AM

Ball cactus-6709-(Notocactus mammulosus)

Bob Hobden used his keyboard to write :
"joevan" wrote

BarbaraH wrote:

Cactus have the most beautiful flowers.
Love these.

They do but mine sits there in the greenhouse for 360 days a year
doing not much and then 5 days (max) of flowers. True, they are large
and stunning, but it's not a good value plant to say the least. It's
an old friend now so I won't get rid of it.

I hear you, but then again, there's many plants like that. :-)