Old 12-04-2015, 05:40 PM
Registered User

Default unknown Spring flower

I found them today during a stroll through in the woods nearby (Central Europe, 48°North). There were many growing in just one spot, in an area of about 30x100 meters. Does anyone know what it could be?
Attached Thumbnails
unknown Spring flower-unbenannt-0.jpg
Old 14-04-2015, 10:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 18:40:10 +0200, Willi_9
wrote:

I found them today during a stroll through in the woods nearby (Central
Europe, 48°North). There were many growing in just one spot, in an area
of about 30x100 meters. Does anyone know what it could be?

They sort of look like blue bluebells, but white ones.
Old 15-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Registered User

It is something different. - Bluebells are part of the lily-family. They have long leaves with parallel veins. - My guess is that it is a species of ranunculaceae - sort of a remote cousin of peonies, anemones and helleborus. It is possibly a neophyte, because I found them in one spot only. Other than that I have not the slightest idea.
One bloom consists of 4 sepals, 4 petals, ~4 stamina and 1 pistil.
I dug one out and planted it in a pot for further observation.

ps: If you own red/cyan 3d glasses you might want to look at that (place of discovery):
viewer
[I have limited webspace and keep the content always changing. Therefore the site will not be accessible forever]

Greets, W
Old 15-04-2015, 04:10 PM
Registered User

Mystery solved: I emailed a botanical institute nearby and they replied immediately:
It's Drooping Bittercress (Cardamine enneaphyllos).