GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blossoming tree in Foça, Turkey (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/211724-blossoming-tree-fo%E7-turkey.html)

Opinicus[_2_] 18-06-2015 01:35 PM

Blossoming tree in Foça, Turkey

2 Attachment(s)
Can anyone identify this tree? It seems to have blossomed in the last
couple of days or so. It has very delicate, almost fern-like leaves.

--
Bob
Sidera errantia quibus procella tenebrarum in aeternum servata est

joevan[_3_] 18-06-2015 05:13 PM

Blossoming tree in Foça, Turkey

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:35:51 +0300, Opinicus
wrote:

Can anyone identify this tree? It seems to have blossomed in the last
couple of days or so. It has very delicate, almost fern-like leaves.

could it be mimosa?

Kilgore Trout[_2_] 18-06-2015 10:38 PM

Blossoming tree in Foça, Turkey

In article ,
lid says...

Can anyone identify this tree? It seems to have blossomed in the last
couple of days or so. It has very delicate, almost fern-like leaves.

We call those "Mimosa" trees here. Wikipedia says it's "Albizia julibrissin"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albizia_julibrissin

--
Al McCann
m a c 3 5 8 (at)-n e w s g u y-(dot) c o m

Opinicus[_2_] 19-06-2015 05:06 AM

Blossoming tree in Foça, Turkey

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:38:04 -0400, Kilgore Trout
wrote:

Can anyone identify this tree? It seems to have blossomed in the last
couple of days or so. It has very delicate, almost fern-like leaves.

We call those "Mimosa" trees here. Wikipedia says it's "Albizia julibrissin"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albizia_julibrissin

Yep, that looks like it. Thanks for the ID. I'll keep a lookout for
the pods.