GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   greater burdock with visitor (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/211935-greater-burdock-visitor.html)

Willi_9 02-08-2015 04:57 PM

greater burdock with visitor

1 Attachment(s)
It could be that I sowed the burdocks, because these plants were fascinating me since I was a child, otherwise they came accidently to my garden. I've read that one can eat some parts. This will be tested soon. I'm thinking of a soup with chopped roots to get a first impression of the flavour.
I took the pic a few hours ago.

Guy Gorton[_2_] 10-08-2015 09:40 AM

greater burdock with visitor

On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 17:57:39 +0200, Willi_9
wrote:

It could be that I sowed the burdocks, because these plants were
fascinating me since I was a child, otherwise they came accidently to my
garden. I've read that one can eat some parts. This will be tested soon.
I'm thinking of a soup with chopped roots to get a first impression of
the flavour.
I took the pic a few hours ago.

It has been used for eating or more often for drinking for a long time
- see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelion_and_burdock
My daughter's goat recently produced two kids which someone decided to
name Dandelion and Burdock.
Good picture.

Guy Gorton