GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   1st sign of spring (liverwort) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/212452-1st-sign-spring-liverwort.html)

Willi_9 07-02-2016 02:25 PM

1st sign of spring (liverwort)

1 Attachment(s)
photographed today in the woods nearby.

[email protected] 08-02-2016 12:37 AM

1st sign of spring (liverwort)

On Sun, 7 Feb 2016 15:25:51 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

photographed today in the woods nearby.

Nice color !

You would not know it is almost spring here. It never got out of
the 50's today. Way too cold for us cold weather wimps. :)

Tampa Bob

Willi_9 15-02-2016 05:45 PM

round 32F here, frost at night and a bit warmer over the days.
I could send you a list of hardy veggies if you want haha ;)

Dan Espen[_2_] 16-02-2016 05:05 AM

interesting observation (daffodil leaf)

Willi_9 writes:

Could this be a first evolutionary step from a mere linearly veined leaf
to one segmented into a stem and an arrow-shaped leaf?

Fascinating.
I think that's called a Stipule.

Thanks

--
Dan Espen

Willi_9 22-02-2016 03:55 PM

Thanks a lot. Though I doubt a little if it is exactly that.
If the kind of split-off was only on one side, I would be guessing that it had been caused by a minor lesion. But as it is symmetrically on both sides it looks very much like a little genetic variation.