GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   rain sprinkled peony bud (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/212740-rain-sprinkled-peony-bud.html)

Willi_9 15-05-2016 09:23 AM

rain sprinkled peony bud

1 Attachment(s)
photographed 10 days ago. They didn't change much since then due to the cold weather.

[email protected] 15-05-2016 12:47 PM

rain sprinkled peony bud

On Sun, 15 May 2016 10:23:55 +0200, Willi_9
wrote:

photographed 10 days ago. They didn't change much since then due to the
cold weather.

Nice photo Willi.

We definitely are not having any issues with the cold here. Temps
are bumping up against the 90° mark every day already. The spring
garden is mostly burned up from the sun. A few of the heat tolerant
broccolli plants are not quite ready and I left a few collard plants
growing. Although collards prefer cool weather and are somewhat tough
when eaten this time of year.

The cherry and grape tomatoes are still producing nicely. I take a
small bag of them to work every second or third day. They too will
stop producing before too much longer due to the heat. The plants will
grow like weeds if I keep watering them, but no tomatoes will form.
Just too hot for the flowers to pollinate.

Tampa Bob

Opinicus[_2_] 15-05-2016 01:03 PM

rain sprinkled peony bud

wrote:

photographed 10 days ago. They didn't change much since then due to the
cold weather.

Beautiful. I love peonies but have absolutely no luck with them.

--
Bob
The joint that time is out of

Willi_9 16-05-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (Post 1019750)
wrote:

photographed 10 days ago. They didn't change much since then due to the
cold weather.

Nice photo Willi.

We definitely are not having any issues with the cold here. Temps
are bumping up against the 90° mark every day already. The spring
garden is mostly burned up from the sun. A few of the heat tolerant
broccolli plants are not quite ready and I left a few collard plants
growing. Although collards prefer cool weather and are somewhat tough
when eaten this time of year.

The cherry and grape tomatoes are still producing nicely. I take a
small bag of them to work every second or third day. They too will
stop producing before too much longer due to the heat. The plants will
grow like weeds if I keep watering them, but no tomatoes will form.
Just too hot for the flowers to pollinate.

Tampa Bob

Thanks!
We (Central Europe) were having an exceptional warm winter, but a few severe frosts in spring damaged all the early leaves of walnut trees and ashes. Especially walnut trees need a very long period to recover from late frosts. W

Willi_9 16-05-2016 10:12 AM

Thanks! I've been reading once in another garden forum that magnesium was essential for peonies. Now I give them some from time to time (measured in years). Before that the leaves used to get black spots and dry up very soon after the blooming season. They look much healthier now and stay longer green. W