GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   grapefruit flower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/214724-grapefruit-flower.html)

Willi_9 20-06-2017 03:35 PM

grapefruit flower

1 Attachment(s)
One of the rare events concerning my potted grapefruit bush. And even is it flowering 2 years in sequence the first time. Before that this happened only every 5 years maximally.

Amos Nomore 20-06-2017 10:07 PM

grapefruit flower

On 2017-06-20 14:35:17 +0000, Willi_9 said:

One of the rare events concerning my potted grapefruit bush. And even is
it flowering 2 years in sequence the first time. Before that this
happened only every 5 years maximally.

How old is your grapefruit bush and has it ever borne fruit?

Willi_9 21-06-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amos Nomore (Post 1025431)
On 2017-06-20 14:35:17 +0000, Willi_9 said:

One of the rare events concerning my potted grapefruit bush. And even is
it flowering 2 years in sequence the first time. Before that this
happened only every 5 years maximally.

How old is your grapefruit bush and has it ever borne fruit?

it is 45+ years old, I've always tried to pollinate by hand with pollen from the bush itself and also from a lemon bush, but there were no grapefruits so far. (W)