GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   woodpecker visiting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/215777-woodpecker-visiting.html)

Willi_9 08-11-2018 09:07 AM

woodpecker visiting

1 Attachment(s)
photographed a few days ago.

[email protected] 09-11-2018 12:57 AM

woodpecker visiting

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 08:58:06 -0500, Wolf K

On 2018-11-08 03:07, Willi_9 wrote:
photographed a few days ago.

Nice shot. We have quite a few different woodpeckers in my area.
Occasionally seen in my neighborhood is a Florida pileated woodpecker.
Quite a site to see that one.

Tampa Bob

Willi_9 10-11-2018 07:51 AM

#pileated woodpecker

I googled and watched some videos. What a cute fellow, ... and definitely the natural model of Disney's Woody Woodpecker.
(W)

Opinicus[_3_] 11-11-2018 04:25 AM

woodpecker visiting

On Sat, 10 Nov 2018 06:51:41 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

I googled and watched some videos. What a cute fellow, ... and
definitely the natural model of Disney's Woody Woodpecker.

Just for the record, Woody was definitely not Disney and was never
associated with the Disney machine. He was the creation of an
independent animator (Walter Lantz) and I believe his rights are still
owned by Universal Studios.

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Woody_Woodpecker

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats

Willi_9 12-11-2018 08:07 AM

Thanks a lot. I didn't hear of Walter Lantz before. I'm sorry for having delivered some kind of 'fake news'. but I'm always happy to learn something new, so I highly appreciate your objection. best regards (W)

[email protected] 13-11-2018 12:58 AM

woodpecker visiting

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 07:07:08 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

Thanks a lot. I didn't hear of Walter Lantz before. I'm sorry for having
delivered some kind of 'fake news'. but I'm always happy to learn
something new, so I highly appreciate your objection. best regards (W)

I know of Lantz but when you said the Disney model for Woody I sat
here and agreed. :) Been a long time since I watched a Woody cartoon.

The pileated woodpecker was the model for Woody though. The real
life pileated are quite large as far as woodpeckers go. Their large
size is how I know one is close by. They make a solid very audible
thunk when they peck at a tree. Not machine gun style like a smaller
woodpecker. Rather thunk, short pause, thunk and so on.

Tampa Bob