GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   my first radishes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/216098-my-first-radishes.html)

Willi_9 11-05-2019 05:56 AM

my first radishes

1 Attachment(s)
photographed yesterday.

[email protected] 12-05-2019 01:12 AM

my first radishes

On Sat, 11 May 2019 04:56:19 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

photographed yesterday.

Nice bunch ! I grow them in the winter here. They do well until we
get a couple of what we call cold fronts back to back. Might drizzle
rain for a day or two before the front hits. Then a few days later
another front comes through. All the water from the rain causes my
radishes to split. Yours look ready for a magazine photo shoot. :)

Tampa Bob

sammytheon1 16-05-2019 06:58 AM

Gorgeous radishes, I agree with the above statement they look like they could be in a magazine. Absolutely perfect. Great job!

Willi_9 16-05-2019 07:48 PM

Actually I was surprised myself how nice they grew. It had not been possible the recent years because of slugs and snails. As soon as some little sprouts appeared they were eaten immediately. But this year April has been very hot and dry - with cold nights of course. All slugs seem to have gone. Wowy, I almost can't believe this!

The seed was 'Saxa 2'.

Thanks for looking!

(W)

Willi_9 16-05-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammytheon1 (Post 1031115)
Gorgeous radishes, I agree with the above statement they look like they could be in a magazine. Absolutely perfect. Great job!

Thanks for your comliment. If you were here, I'd offer you sone :) (W)