GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ye olde apple tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/garden-photos/216474-ye-olde-apple-tree.html)

Willi_9 28-10-2019 02:12 PM

ye olde apple tree

1 Attachment(s)
photogtaphed 2 days ago.
His days are counted, I believe. The hot, dry summers lately didn't do him good. Nevertheless I will not tear him out as long he's showing even slightest signs of life
(Trees are my friends).

[email protected] 30-10-2019 12:48 AM

ye olde apple tree

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 14:12:32 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

photogtaphed 2 days ago.
His days are counted, I believe. The hot, dry summers lately didn't do
him good. Nevertheless I will not tear him out as long he's showing even
slightest signs of life
(Trees are my friends).

That is a haggard looking apple tree, shame. Do you water when the
weather is hot and dry ?

Tampa Bob

Willi_9 05-11-2019 07:44 PM

No, I usually don't, except for newly planted trees..That very tree in the image is at least 45 years old, and that is - concerning apple-trees on low-growing root-stocks -, something about 100 years in human measures.

btw Years ago I have aleady graftes scions of this tree onto another stock, which are doing very fine.

Thanks for looking. Have a nice day!.

Willi_9

[email protected] 06-11-2019 11:45 PM

ye olde apple tree

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:44:30 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

No, I usually don't, except for newly planted trees..That very tree in
the image is at least 45 years old, and that is - concerning
apple-trees on low-growing root-stocks -, something about 100 years in
human measures.

btw Years ago I have aleady graftes scions of this tree onto another
stock, which are doing very fine.

Thanks for looking. Have a nice day!.

Willi_9

I have tried apples a couple times here. Failure every time. The
varieties were from Israel and supposed to be able to withstand our
summer heat and humidity. I live close to the Gulf of Mexico and I
think that has something to do with the trees not surviving.

Tampa Bob