Old 28-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Registered User

Default ye olde apple tree

photogtaphed 2 days ago.
His days are counted, I believe. The hot, dry summers lately didn't do him good. Nevertheless I will not tear him out as long he's showing even slightest signs of life
(Trees are my friends).
Attached Thumbnails
ye olde apple  tree-apfel_bg_1_1_20191026.jpg
Old 30-10-2019, 01:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 14:12:32 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

photogtaphed 2 days ago.
His days are counted, I believe. The hot, dry summers lately didn't do
him good. Nevertheless I will not tear him out as long he's showing even
slightest signs of life
(Trees are my friends).

That is a haggard looking apple tree, shame. Do you water when the
weather is hot and dry ?

Tampa Bob
Old 05-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Registered User

No, I usually don't, except for newly planted trees..That very tree in the image is at least 45 years old, and that is - concerning apple-trees on low-growing root-stocks -, something about 100 years in human measures.

btw Years ago I have aleady graftes scions of this tree onto another stock, which are doing very fine.

Thanks for looking. Have a nice day!.

Willi_9
Old 07-11-2019, 12:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019 19:44:30 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

No, I usually don't, except for newly planted trees..That very tree in
the image is at least 45 years old, and that is - concerning
apple-trees on low-growing root-stocks -, something about 100 years in
human measures.

btw Years ago I have aleady graftes scions of this tree onto another
stock, which are doing very fine.

Thanks for looking. Have a nice day!.

Willi_9

I have tried apples a couple times here. Failure every time. The
varieties were from Israel and supposed to be able to withstand our
summer heat and humidity. I live close to the Gulf of Mexico and I
think that has something to do with the trees not surviving.

Tampa Bob