Old 13-06-2020, 08:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Plant ID

Can anyone ID this plant, please? Location is Austin TX. TIA!
--
Salix

Attached Thumbnails
Plant ID-mystery-plant.jpg
Old 13-06-2020, 08:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Salix wrote in :

Can anyone ID this plant, please? Location is Austin TX. TIA!

Sorry, the attachment didn't work. Please disregard the original post.
The file may have been too large (haven't posted a binary in a long
time!). Trying again....
--
Salix

Attached Thumbnails
Plant ID-mystery-plant.jpg
Old 13-06-2020, 08:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Salix wrote in :

Salix wrote in :

Can anyone ID this plant, please? Location is Austin TX. TIA!

Sorry, the attachment didn't work. Please disregard the original post.
The file may have been too large (haven't posted a binary in a long
time!). Trying again....

Well, the second attempt didn't reproduce correctly either. And neither
do the pics in any of the other posts to this ng, so I assume there's a
setting in my client that's off. If anyone can view my attachment and
can ID the plant, please do so, and thank you. Meanwhile, I'll try to
work out my newsreader issue....
--
Salix
Old 13-06-2020, 09:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On 13/06/2020 20:24:35, Salix wrote:
Salix wrote in :

Salix wrote in :

Can anyone ID this plant, please? Location is Austin TX. TIA!

Sorry, the attachment didn't work. Please disregard the original post.
The file may have been too large (haven't posted a binary in a long
time!). Trying again....

Well, the second attempt didn't reproduce correctly either. And neither
do the pics in any of the other posts to this ng, so I assume there's a
setting in my client that's off. If anyone can view my attachment and
can ID the plant, please do so, and thank you. Meanwhile, I'll try to
work out my newsreader issue....

The good news, I can see both pictures.
The bad, I don't know what the plant is.

--
mick
Old 13-06-2020, 10:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Salix wrote in :

Salix wrote in :

Can anyone ID this plant, please? Location is Austin TX. TIA!

Sorry, the attachment didn't work. Please disregard the original post.
The file may have been too large (haven't posted a binary in a long
time!). Trying again....

Well, the second attempt didn't reproduce correctly either. And neither
do the pics in any of the other posts to this ng, so I assume there's a
setting in my client that's off. If anyone can view my attachment and
can ID the plant, please do so, and thank you. Meanwhile, I'll try to
work out my newsreader issue....

The good news, I can see both pictures.
The bad, I don't know what the plant is.

Still good to know, thank you. Pics display just fine in an external
viewer when I launch attachments from the context menu, but all I can
see below the message text is binary gibberish. It didn't used to do
that!

Thanks for responding. And FWIW, LBJ Wildflower Center staff couldn't ID
the plant, either! :-)
--
Salix

Old 14-06-2020, 06:44 AM
Registered User

it looks like a Variety of Heracleum to me.

g Willi
Old 14-06-2020, 06:45 AM
Registered User

Old 14-06-2020, 06:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Salix wrote in :

Salix wrote in :

[...]

Maybe this will help:

http://www.forteinc.com/agent/tutorial.php

Thank you. You'd never know that I've been using Agent since its initial
release (mid 90s). Haven't used it much in recent years, though, and
when you get to a "certain age," recalling the once-familiar isn't so
easy. When I have some time, I'll work it out. Thanks again for the
link. :-)
--
Salix