Old 16-11-2020, 07:35 AM
Registered User

Default my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies

photographic update 2020-11-15.
Attached Thumbnails
my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies-echinopsis_cristatum_20201115.jpg
Old 16-11-2020, 04:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 06:35:20 +0000, Willi_9
wrote:

photographic update 2020-11-15.

Very nice. I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.

Tampa Bob
Old 18-11-2020, 06:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default my little siamese triplet echinopsis-babies - bob's desert patch.jpg

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 06:40:07 -0500, wrote:

I have a small collection of cacti and succulents.

So have I. (See pic.) I finally got around to putting it together
about two weeks ago and I'm wondering how often I need to water it. It
gets plenty of daylight but not much direct sunlight.

Never having been to your section of the world I do not know your
climate. You are on the cool and damp side?

The planter is in front of a window in my study. It gets lots of
daylight but direct sunlight only for a couple of hours in the
afternoon, more in summer. Since it's in my study I keep the room at
"room temperature" for the most part. I live on the seacoast north of
Izmir but the we rarely get much humidity because of constant winds
from the northeast. FWIW, a few cactuses do survive on their own here
and there outdoors though I don't imagine they enjoy it much during
winter, when the weather sometimes gets harsh. I asked a local florist
about watering yesterday and she said to feed them a little water
using an eyedropper applied to the roots once every two weeks and not
to get any water on the bodies of the plants themselves.

--
Bob
Sidera errantia quibus procella tenebrarum in aeternum servata est

[IMG] code is On

siamese sauromatum leaves Willi_9 Garden Photos 1 18-05-2019 09:36 AM
Siamese lily flower Willi Garden Photos 3 23-07-2011 10:05 PM
Babies! - "Dendrobium Babies.jpg" 102.9 KBytes BetsyB Orchids 14 23-03-2004 10:44 PM
My little babies Smith Ponds 2 03-09-2003 10:43 PM
siamese twins? Ted Byers Orchids 9 26-04-2003 10:34 PM