Old 01-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Tom or Mary

Default Oramental Grass Seed and colorful kale

I would like to plant some oramental grass seed in pots, and have them grow
in my house over winter. Would this work? I keep the house at around 65
during the winter, but there is a front window which receives all day sun.
In the spring I would transplant them outside.

Also I am growing some "colorful kale" from seed,and it is around eight
inches tall, and still green. When does the color begin to kick in?

Thanks

Tom

Old 01-08-2005, 09:55 PM
Doug Kanter

"Tom or Mary" wrote in message
I would like to plant some oramental grass seed in pots, and have them grow
in my house over winter. Would this work? I keep the house at around 65
during the winter, but there is a front window which receives all day sun.
In the spring I would transplant them outside.

Also I am growing some "colorful kale" from seed,and it is around eight
inches tall, and still green. When does the color begin to kick in?

Thanks

Tom

The ornamental kale starts to party big time in September, keeps getting
better through October, and depending on your climate, may look good right
into November or December. This is based on my experience in Rochester NY,
zone 5 or 6-ish (depending on mini-climates and distance from Lake Ontario).

I can't help you with the grass question.

Old 02-08-2005, 11:01 PM
Bourne Identity

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:12:06 -0400, "Tom or Mary"
wrote:

I would like to plant some oramental grass seed in pots, and have them grow
in my house over winter. Would this work? I keep the house at around 65
during the winter, but there is a front window which receives all day sun.
In the spring I would transplant them outside.

Also I am growing some "colorful kale" from seed,and it is around eight
inches tall, and still green. When does the color begin to kick in?

Thanks

Tom

No, the grass will not do well at all under those conditions. The
kale gets colorful as the temperatures drop.