GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hosta: Need Help Identifying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101338-hosta-need-help-identifying.html)

rw 14-08-2005 12:00 AM

Hosta: Need Help Identifying

Could someone help us indentify which type of hosta we have? Picture
is in the link below. We want to purchase more but don't know what
kind it is.

http://www.addieryan.com/plants/hosta.htm

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

rw 14-08-2005 01:45 PM

I just updated the pictures on the link to show the blooms. Plant is
growing in Mass. Blooms started to grow in late July and have matured
in early/mid August. Any help would be great.

http://www.addieryan.com/plant s/hosta.htm

Thanks.

rw 14-08-2005 02:24 PM

http://www.addieryan.com/plants/hosta.htm

alice 14-08-2005 04:57 PM

"rw" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.addieryan.com/plants/hosta.htm

Probably Francee..Google hosta and check the hosta library

Vox Humana 14-08-2005 06:25 PM

"alice" wrote in message

"rw" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.addieryan.com/plants/hosta.htm

Probably Francee..Google hosta and check the hosta library

I second that.

rw 14-08-2005 07:14 PM

Appreciate everyone's response. Thanks!

Vox Humana wrote:
"alice" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hemmaholic 15-08-2005 04:43 PM

I was going to suggest it might be 'Antioch', but 'Francee' is also a
good bet. Where did you get your original plants? That could help
narrow the possibilities even further. I know Wal-Mart is more likely
to carry 'Francee' in large numbers than it is 'Antioch'.

Hemma

rw 15-08-2005 09:03 PM

We just moved in about 6 months ago and they came with the house. I'll
have to do some research to see which of the two it might be.

Appreciate the response. Thanks, rw