GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Morning Glory - what's up (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101580-morning-glory-whats-up.html)

K. Kly 19-08-2005 08:00 PM

Morning Glory - what's up

Ohio - planted a morning glory seedling in June. This one plant is huge now
spreading over a six foot section of fence. However, no flowers yet. I see
what appear to be little tiny buds, but they don't seem to be growing.
Shouldn't this be blooming by now? What gives?

Cereus-validus....... 19-08-2005 09:50 PM

If only I had a dollar for every time that problem turned up in this forum.

K., you forgot to do the fertility dance.

I'm tired of telling people how to do it, so somebody else will need to tell
you how to do it this time.

Hal 20-08-2005 02:11 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:00:53 -0400, "K. Kly" wrote:

Ohio - planted a morning glory seedling in June. This one plant is huge now
spreading over a six foot section of fence. However, no flowers yet. I see
what appear to be little tiny buds, but they don't seem to be growing.
Shouldn't this be blooming by now? What gives?

Wait! Come back in September and tell us about them.

Regards,

Hal

BillandJeny 20-08-2005 08:45 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:00:53 -0400, "K. Kly" wrote:

Ohio - planted a morning glory seedling in June. This one plant is huge now
spreading over a six foot section of fence. However, no flowers yet. I see
what appear to be little tiny buds, but they don't seem to be growing.
Shouldn't this be blooming by now? What gives?

I don't know what time of the year they are supposed to bloom in your
part of the country, but don't make the mistake of fertilizing them.
They prefer a lean soil and fertilizer will produce plenty vine and
few blooms.

zhan