GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Diabetes Discussions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101851-diabetes-discussions.html)

THURSTON ACKERMAN 25-08-2005 02:25 PM

Diabetes Discussions

FamilyNet International Newsgate

JEFrom: Jenny

JEI discuss diabetes at alt.support.diabetes. Wear your asbestos suit, but
JEthere are enough people posting interesting things to make it worthwhile.

T1 or T2 ?

Do you find gardening tasks (pulling weeds, cutting grass, etc.)
provide enough "work activity" to noticebly lower your postprandail
spikes?

Stay young, OldAck.
---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org

Jenny 26-08-2005 04:39 PM

THURSTON ACKERMAN wrote:
FamilyNet International Newsgate

JEFrom: Jenny

JEI discuss diabetes at alt.support.diabetes. Wear your asbestos suit, but
JEthere are enough people posting interesting things to make it worthwhile.

T1 or T2 ?

Do you find gardening tasks (pulling weeds, cutting grass, etc.)
provide enough "work activity" to noticebly lower your postprandail
spikes?

Stay young, OldAck.
---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

FamilyNet Internet Gated Mail
http://www.familynet-international.org

T2 and the way I lower my post prandial spikes is by keeping carbs low.
Gardening is nowhere near enough exercise to do it, even though I have a
large garden and a very large lawn that I tend to baby.

--
--Jenny

http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Type 2 Diabetes info
http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/ Low Carb info

gardenlen 26-08-2005 08:34 PM

i've got T2 and i found that maybe most of my problems that was being
blamed on diabetes was wheat/gluten intollerance. the only grain i can
eat through trial and error process is whole grain rice, i also cut
out nearly all those type carbohydrates and boosted my food income to
more protein type diet with lots of fresh in season vegetables.

i have excellebt control and minimum drugs, from poor control and the
doc's adding more and more drugs.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gardenlen1

Travis 27-08-2005 07:57 AM

gardenlen wrote:
i've got T2 and i found that maybe most of my problems that was
being blamed on diabetes was wheat/gluten intollerance. the only
grain i can eat through trial and error process is whole grain
rice, i also cut out nearly all those type carbohydrates and
boosted my food income to more protein type diet with lots of fresh
in season vegetables.

i have excellebt control and minimum drugs, from poor control and
the doc's adding more and more drugs.

snip

Carbohydrates are carbohydrates. Potatoes with the skin is better than
mashed and a fresh apple is better than applesauce but carbs are carbs.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Whos partner is type II

Jenny 27-08-2005 04:58 PM

Travis wrote:
gardenlen wrote:

i've got T2 and i found that maybe most of my problems that was
being blamed on diabetes was wheat/gluten intollerance. the only
grain i can eat through trial and error process is whole grain
rice, i also cut out nearly all those type carbohydrates and
boosted my food income to more protein type diet with lots of fresh
in season vegetables.

i have excellebt control and minimum drugs, from poor control and
the doc's adding more and more drugs.

snip

Carbohydrates are carbohydrates. Potatoes with the skin is better than
mashed and a fresh apple is better than applesauce but carbs are carbs.

Lets take this to a diabetes newsgroup, please!