GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Christmas Cactus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101898-christmas-cactus.html)

wizof103 26-08-2005 02:47 PM

Christmas Cactus

Can anyone tell me how often I need to water a Christmas Cactus.
I live in the north east and have the plant indoors with an east
exposer so it gets sun in the AM.

BetsyB 26-08-2005 09:16 PM

"wizof103" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me how often I need to water a Christmas Cactus.
I live in the north east and have the plant indoors with an east
exposer so it gets sun in the AM.

Have 2 and water them both every week or so. They are confused and bloom
several times a year.

BetsyB

alice 26-08-2005 10:01 PM

"BetsyB" wrote in message

"wizof103" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me how often I need to water a Christmas Cactus.
I live in the north east and have the plant indoors with an east
exposer so it gets sun in the AM.

Have 2 and water them both every week or so. They are confused and bloom
several times a year.

BetsyB

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/christmas_cactus.html

alice

Tom Randy 26-08-2005 10:47 PM

On 2005-08-26 09:47:32 -0400, "wizof103" said:

Can anyone tell me how often I need to water a Christmas Cactus.
I live in the north east and have the plant indoors with an east
exposer so it gets sun in the AM.

I water mine only when the soil dries out completely. I fertilize them
every other watering with half strength miracle grow.

--
PCs, like air-conditioners, are useless when you open Windows.