GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flame vine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/101906-flame-vine.html)

Claudia C A de Paula 26-08-2005 05:02 PM

Flame vine

I do not have a green thumb but decided to buy a flame vine to cover one
side of my open balcony. I do not like to see the neighbor's building every
time I went to the balcony.
The place is sunny and humid (I live in Israel's coast) and I am watering
twice/ 3 times a week.
A few days after I brought the plant home and transplanted it to a big vase
(the plant I bought was around 3 feet big) it started to wither and the
leaves are falling. In 10 days it lost half of the leaves.
Is there anything special that I should have done? Is there any special care
for this plant? Would passiflora be a better "beginner plant"?

Thanks

Claudia de Paula

Travis 26-08-2005 07:22 PM

Claudia C A de Paula wrote:
I do not have a green thumb but decided to buy a flame vine to
cover one side of my open balcony. I do not like to see the
neighbor's building every time I went to the balcony.
The place is sunny and humid (I live in Israel's coast) and I am
watering twice/ 3 times a week.
A few days after I brought the plant home and transplanted it to a
big vase (the plant I bought was around 3 feet big) it started to
wither and the leaves are falling. In 10 days it lost half of the
leaves. Is there anything special that I should have done? Is there
any
special care for this plant? Would passiflora be a better "beginner
plant"?
Thanks

Claudia de Paula

Plants should not be planted in a vase they should be planted in a pot
with a drain hole in the bottom. The poor thing is drowning.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Claudia C A de Paula 27-08-2005 07:57 AM

I used the wrong word. It is in a ceramic pot with a hole in the bottom,
what I
called vase by mistake.