GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I need a source for Pronghorn Wheat seeds! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/gardening/10279-i-need-source-pronghorn-wheat-seeds.html)

TOM KAN PA 13-03-2003 02:32 PM

I need a source for Pronghorn Wheat seeds!

I bought two packs of CATGRASS seeds for my daughters.
Hmmmm, according to the pack, the plant is:
Kind: Wheat Variety: Pronghorn
Grown in Nebraska.

My question is..........Where can I buy this seed in bulk? On the pack it
reads, Suggestion:
Plant a new pot every 2 weeks for a continual supply of fresh greens for your
favorite kitty.
Buying a few seeds in a $1.79 pack every two weeks reminds me of what my dad
used to tell me why owning a cemetary is a good business. "You buy it by the
acre and sell it by the shovel-full !"

Lynne 13-03-2003 04:56 PM

I need a source for Pronghorn Wheat seeds!

You can use other grasses; I don't think it has to be any special kind. Mine
eats any kind of wheat or rye I get from a farm store. I bought some bulk
for 37 cents a lunchbag-size's worth about four years ago. She's still
eating it and there's still over half a bag left. Of course I do take her
outside to eat greens from the garden during the summer months though.

Janet Baraclough 13-03-2003 11:08 PM

I need a source for Pronghorn Wheat seeds!

The message
from c (TOM KAN PA) contains these words:

I bought two packs of CATGRASS seeds for my daughters.
Hmmmm, according to the pack, the plant is:
Kind: Wheat Variety: Pronghorn
Grown in Nebraska.

My question is..........Where can I buy this seed in bulk? On the pack it
reads, Suggestion:
Plant a new pot every 2 weeks for a continual supply of fresh greens
for your
favorite kitty.
Buying a few seeds in a $1.79 pack every two weeks reminds me of what my dad
used to tell me why owning a cemetary is a good business. "You buy it by the
acre and sell it by the shovel-full !"

It doesn't matter what variety, any wheat will do. Try your local pet
shop, look in the birdfood dept. You should be able to buy it by the
pound as pigeon/chicken food. Or even cheaper, buy it by the sack at a
farming suppliers.

Janet.