Old 14-03-2003, 01:20 PM

Default tulip bulbs

I received some tulip bulbs for Christmas from a friend in Holland. Can I
plant them in the ground now to have them come up this spring in Michigan?
I have a garden bed that is relatively protected and the soil is loose
enough to dig into to plant them. If not what can I do with them? Thanks.
Steve

Old 14-03-2003, 02:32 PM
SugarChile

You may as well plant them; they are not going to keep until next fall.
They may or may not grow and bloom this spring--tulips like to start their
root growth in the fall, and need a certain amount of chill hours in the
winter. But plants can surprise you, and you've got nothing to lose.

Good luck,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

wrote in message
I received some tulip bulbs for Christmas from a friend in Holland. Can I
plant them in the ground now to have them come up this spring in Michigan?
I have a garden bed that is relatively protected and the soil is loose
enough to dig into to plant them. If not what can I do with them? Thanks.
Steve

[IMG] code is On

Time to plant tulip bulbs? dommy Gardening 2 24-09-2003 08:12 PM
Aldi - 99p Tulip Bulbs dommy United Kingdom 3 17-09-2003 08:15 AM
Tulip bulbs michael2 United Kingdom 0 21-07-2003 02:32 PM
Where do I buy Tulip bulbs from? dommy United Kingdom 11 25-06-2003 08:31 PM
tulip bulbs in the fridge? Dianne van Dulken Australia 5 08-04-2003 01:08 PM